Chapter -14

Dwani pov

It had been two weeks since the incident, and I had switched off my mobile phone because Vedant Sir kept calling me constantly. I wondered why he was calling me when he already knew about my life and how I was surviving in this society. He didn't even try to help, so I didn't feel the need to attend his calls.  After returning to the orphanage, my uncle asked me why I was there, and I told him about the incident. He said I couldn't stay in the orphanage anymore and encouraged me to ignore the society's judgment and work hard. He believed that once I became a doctor, the same society would treat me differently.

With my uncle's support and encouragement, I managed to forget about the incident and focus on my studies. He even helped me get a two-week leave from college. I informed the restaurant about my absence as well. In between priyanka and Shruthi called me asked why I am not attending class i told them I came to my native that's why I am not attending and told them that I will return soon.

In between priyanka and Shruthi called me asked why I am not attending class i told them I came to my native that's why I am not attending and told them that I will return soon., I am going back to the city. I called Riya and asked if I could stay with her since her roommate had moved out. She agreed, and I boarded the bus. During the journey, I made a mental note to return Vedant Sir's mobile phone. I arrived in the afternoon and saw Riya waiting for me. We went to her apartment, freshened up, and around 3 o'clock, we headed to the restaurant to start our shift.

Tomorrow, I have to attend college. I know that the students will treat me differently now, but I have made up my mind to ignore them and focus on my studies. With that thought, I went to sleep. The next morning, I went to college early so I could catch up on the notes from the past classes. As I entered, I braced myself, expecting the students to make jokes or stare at me, but surprisingly, nothing happened. I went straight to the staff room, collected the notes, and then went to the park. I was near my usual spot when I noticed Vedant Sir already sitting there. I decided to quietly move away and went to the library to study for some time before heading to my class.

In the afternoon, I went to the parking lot to return Vedant Sir's mobile phone. When I arrived, his friends were there, so I quietly dropped the phone in his car with a note and quickly left. After finishing the afternoon classes, I hurried to the restaurant, ready to start my shift.

Vedant pov

It had been a difficult two weeks since she left. I couldn't believe how foolish I had been, and now I was living like a dead person. My parents were worried sick about me, and I knew I had to do something to fix this mess. I went to the office in search of any information about her, but it turned out to be fruitless. Her phone was switched off, and I couldn't reach her.

My friends had noticed my strange behavior and started nagging me to explain what was going on. Finally, I decided to confide in them and told them about my feelings for Dwani, every detail from our conversations to the saree I bought her and giving her my house key. They looked at me with disapproval and accused me of lying to them. I apologized sincerely, realizing that I had let them down.

Just then, my phone rang. It was the office clerk informing me that Dwani had called and requested two weeks off as she was visiting her hometown. I felt a wave of relief knowing she was safe. She had even taken leave from the restaurant where she worked. Today was the day she was supposed to return to college, and I had warned everyone not to mock students like her anymore, especially Dwani.

I arrived early at the college and waited for her in our usual spot, but she didn't show up. I decided to go to my class and try again later. In the afternoon, I checked her class, but she wasn't there. I searched the park, but she was nowhere to be found. Frustrated, I approached my friends, and they told me that Dwani had been there but ran away without stopping when they called out to her.

It became clear to me that she was avoiding me, and I knew it was because of my actions during the party. I felt immense guilt and realized I had to confess my feelings to her and ask for forgiveness. I needed to make her understand that my love for her was genuine and that I would never hurt her again. With a determined mindset, I went to my car, and that's when I noticed a mobile phone and a note.

The note read, "Thank you for everything" and was signed by Dwani. My heart sank, but I knew I couldn't give up. I had to confess my love to her immediately to prevent her from running away again. I decided to confide in my grandma, seeking her advice and support. At first, she scolded me for not protecting Dwani, but then she encouraged me to propose to her and ask for her forgiveness. My grandma even expressed her excitement about having Dwani as her granddaughter-in-law. My grandpa also wished me good luck.

With renewed determination, I realized I had to inform my parents about Dwani. After spending some quality time with my grandparents, I headed to the restaurant where Dwani worked, waiting for her outside. As I caught a glimpse of her working with a smile, a surge of happiness flooded over me. Dwani was mine, and I wouldn't let her slip away again.

Plz read and vote.
Touch the star icon at the end of the chapter.
With love cutiepie5