Part 68 J. I am back

Hey guys thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last ,

Candlelight, music, wine. But this was only a false picture of harmony and calmness.

Monami sat on the sofa. She waa holding a wine glass, quiet as a mouse. Aditya was sitting next to her.  They were watching TV together.

The same news presenter that they’ve seen many times for the past few days spoke: “This is a touching letter. We have invited the famous criminal psychologist Professor Makie to share with us his thoughts on the letter. He believes the letter is written by Miss Monami under duress. She is most likely threatened by the Flower Cannibal no.1. The thoughts within the letter is coherent, and fully conveys her sincere and heartfelt love for Professor Shergill. Through a number of logical and grammatical analyse, he believes the contents of this letter is credible. However, he also thought that Miss Monami may have been killed shortly after the letter is written, which we are very sorry to hear about…

However, Professor Makie believes that Miss Monami has accepted the existence of Professor Karan’s split personality.  We believe her views on the issue will influence and persuade those who are still in doubt.” 

Aditya smiled and looked at her: “Well done.”

Monami held the glass tightly with her hand. 

She thought she would die. The letter was what Aditya’s been waiting for. Her suicide note. 

She refrained from writing the note earlier because she doesn’t want to die. But that night, she was on the verge of a mental breakdown. She knew that another injection would turn her mad. 

When she saw the FBI took Karan away, she’s made up her mind. 

She was willing to die, but it must be a worthy death - as long as Aditya can be brought to justice.

Karan, can you find the clues I hide in the letter? 

I still believe you are my Karan. You are Simon. You will see them. Then you will find Aditya, and find me

———————

For the next few days, he did not give her any more drugs, nor did her torture her. In fact, he even treated her wounds. She was treated like a guest. They had exquisite meals together. 

But Monami knew in her heart. The reason she is still alive, is because he wants to find another ‘perfect’ way to kill her.

———————

Aditya stood up. He smiled to her: “Guess aaj main kahan jaa raha hoon?”  He straightened his shirt and made sure his tie was in the right place. 

Monami dis not answer. Aditya doesn’t seem to mind. He leisurely said: “Today, our little Simon… Oh.. and little Allen will have his psychiatric evaluation. Ek baar jab yeh confirm ho jayega ki uski split personality hain toh jaisa ki news reporter ne kaha.. uski reputation puri dhul me mil jayegi. Woh apni Puri bachi hui zindagi ya toh mental institution me bitayega ya phir Pelican Bay Prison me.. Umr kedh ki saza.”  

Monami’s heart tightened. Aditya disappeared into the darkness. She heard his voice saying as he walked away: “He’s at the cliff’s edge. How can I not be there to see him with my own eyes?”

——————

Outside the  J. Edgar Hoover Building in Washington, US.

The winter sun. Bright, calm. and cool.