~meatballs~

Cassie knocked on the door impatiently. She'd been there for a while and there were definitely people in the house. She could hear them whispering and shuffling things around.

"Mum! Can I come in now? It's cold out here."

More rather loud whispers followed that.

"Just a second honey!"

Maybe she should just turn back now.

This was getting more concerning by the second.

Who was she talking to?

Just as she was about to turn and run out of there, the door swung open and she saw the face of mother peering over at her.

The woman seemed nervous. Sweat was forming on her brow, and her hands were shaky.

Oh. This was certainly not a good idea.

"Hey, mum. I actually just came over to tell you to... Stop contacting me. I forgive you. It's fine. I have to go meet some people so-"

Her mother's eyes widened. Mary couldn't just let her go.

"No. Wait, wait, wait. Cassie please. I just need to talk to you one more time. Just come inside."

Why was she so desperate?

"Mum. No. I just need to go, okay? I'm sorry."

The brunette tried to turn and walk off, she hoped maybe that would be enough.

She should've just listened the the others.

Cassie jumped at the feeling of her hand being pulled back, her head spinning round to face her mother with a fearful look.

"No. You're coming inside. And you will be civil. We've waiting a long time for this, okay? You will not ruin this for us."

Us.

Her and Carl?

She didn't get a chance to protest, her mother was stronger than she thought. She was quickly dragged into the house, no time to process what was going on.

As soon as she was inside, Mary shut the door and locked it, pressing herself against it.

"What the fuck mum? Let me out."

Shit.

Her location was on right? They'd find her anytime soon.

"Cassie. I have someone who wants to meet you. For real this time."

Her eyes moved to the side of her daughter, smiling at something behind her.

"Hey, Cass." Slowly, she turned to face the man of hour. The man who'd supposedly killed all of those women for what? For her? Oh shit. She'd seen him many times before. Too many. On the street, in the bar, in her work months ago. This was getting too real. "It's good to see you again."

Taking a deep breath, Cassie tried to calm the thumping heart crashing against her chest.

"Oh hey, man. This was great, guys really. Unfortunately, I do really have to be going. So..."

Carl and their mother laughed with each other.

It was a sound she wished she didn't have to hear.

"Oh, little sis. You can't be going yet. You only just got here."

Little sis.

"Yeah... Well, I'm a busy person so I'm going to go now."

Trying to hide her fear, she turned back to the door where Mary was standing. Her mother had a smirk on her face, something that didn't seem right being there.

What the fuck was going on?

"I think we should have a family meal. What about you Carl?"

"I think that's a great idea. How about Spaghetti? Your meatballs are to die for."

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

"Actually, I'm allergic to meat so I'm gonna have to pass on that one. Thanks though."

Mary laughed once again.

"Honey, you think I don't know what my own daughter's allergic to? I know everything about you..." Cassie pursed her lips, mentally rolling her eyes. "Now, are you going to sit down and let us cool for you or do we have to tie you to a chair?"

Double fuck.

---

BAU GC

Carlisle
Has any1 heard from Cassie?
I've been trying her phone for a while + she hasn't answered

Morgan 💪💪
Nope
She's at her mum's ain't she?

Carlisle
She's never stayed in her mum's house for longer than an hour
There's gotta be something wrong

JJ ❤️❤️
Do u know where her mum lives?

Carlisle
No
But she said she left her location on
Can you check that

P.G 🥳✨
Sure can cherry pie

Carlisle
Thx

P.G🥳✨
Oke
So
I actually can't
But I can tell you where her location was last on

Morgan 💪💪
What?!?!
She said she'd leave it on
Why's it off

P.G🥳✨
Idk
It turned off at the corner shop

Carlisle
Y would she do that
Is she online at least??

P.G 🥳✨
Last time she was online was at the corner shop
That's not good right?

Hotch
Penelope can you search up the address of her mother

P.G🥳✨
Yh
Ofc
See ya in a sec

---

Cassie subtlely patted down her pockets as she sat at the dining table, eyes watching her 'family' carefully.

She slouched down when she couldn't find her phone.

Must've been the reason they didn't tell her to give it to them.

They already had it.

But how?

She had it just before she was at the door. Didn't she? Yes. She was texting on the group chat.

How did they get it without her noticing?

This was not going to go well.

---

Heyyy
This book is very close to coming to and end I think. Maybe ten more chapters left. I don't know how this is going to play out rn but I soon will dw.

I love you all sooo much!

You're all amazing.

Byee.