Two

Weeks went by since Salina got the news, Don Ivanov grew more notorious with each passing day.

Dominik Ivanov- the new Don of the Russian mafia. The Russian mafia that had absorbed the Italian mafia, the Spanish mafia, and just recently the Irish mafia.

He was insane.

Or at least that's what she heard, for being so bold as to take on so many moving parts. Let alone be successful at it.

Three days after the conversation with her father, she'd been called into his office again.

"Salina," he looked at her warily. She had been avoiding him, isolating herself and being stubborn with the guards.

Had he come to talk to her about it though... no of course not.

His daughter stared back at him.

"I need you to wear this," Laurent slid over a velvet box.

Her brows furrowed, her father was not one to give gifts such as jewelry or anything really.

Slowly and silently, she lifted the box up and opened it.

Her head tilted, it looked to be an antique necklace. Or at least the pendant was, it was a silver dagger pointed down. Small crests were imprinted into the metal and small details were carved into it. The chain it was on was new however, custom it looks like. It was a short chain, more of a choker so it would rest right at the center of her upper chest. Directly above her cleavage.

Salina put it on without much question, looking at her father expectantly however.

"It's the Ivanov family crest- the sword is their symbol," her father rubbed his mouth.

Salina's mouth fell open in surprise. Laurent was a possessive man- often looking at Salina as a perfect trophy he could parade around. To have her wear another family's symbol without so much as a backwards comment was surprising.

"So this is happening?" her voice was quiet as she held the pendant.

"I'm still waiting for feedback. That's the only thing I've received in reference to it, it had your name on it. For the sake of business and our treaties, I want you to follow the request of keeping it on."

Salina nodded once, turning to leave promptly.

She sat at a small round table, twirling the small straw in her Shirley temple. She thought about the man she was 'promised' to.

After the necklace she'd been sent earrings, an expensive summer dress for the weather, and lastly a bouquet of wildflowers. Her favorite ones to be exact. They were pink lilies.

So, it seemed Mr. Ivanov was watching her.

And in some contorted, messed up way Salina found herself flattered. If he was buying her affection it might be working, Ivanov was at least paying attention to her before even properly meeting her.

It was more of an effort than her father had ever put forth.

When in doubt, she can always blame him for all of her problems.

The small restaurant had been cleared out, only the employees inside as well as her guards.

A chocolate croissant sat in front of her, steaming temptingly.

"Alejandro?" she asked softly. The man was assigned as her personal set of guards, she couldn't avoid him too much. If Salina couldn't avoid him she would make damn sure to use him to her benefit.