Turn of events

Author's PoV:

Classes were over. Feiha had stayed back for sometime in order to talk to one of her professors about his recent lecture. She was walking through the empty corridors after being done when she heard a voice out of the blue. It was womanly. She sounded like she was in pain. Feiha looked around and figured that it was coming from a classroom that looked vacant. She inched closer and the noise became louder. A gasp followed and then some muffled groans.

Somebody is in pain,she thought and made her way inside the classroom only to stop dead in her tracks. There was a girl seated on a desk, her head thrown back and her eyes closed. A man was hugging her, his face buried in her neck and his figure in between her legs.

Feiha turned abruptly and darted out like her pants were on fire. The couple must have noticed her presence but Feiha didn't give them a chance to catch up. She ran as fast as she could, stopping only when she was sure that the couple wouldn't be able to find her. Panting for air, she took a seat on the stairs that led her to the next floor. She opened her bag to find her water bottle empty. She was thirsty.

"Here," a voice reached out and she looked up to see Ayan hovering over her. He was dressed in a forest green hoodie and faded blue jeans, his hair covering his forehead, and his feet hidden inside off-white sneakers. His bag was slung across his chest and his veiny hand with long fingers was stretched out holding a black water bottle that looked too small in his grasp.

Feiha accepted the bottle and muttered a quick thanks. She stood up after taking three sips and then handed it back to him. "Why were you running?" He questioned.

Feiha pushed her hair back behind her ears and adjusted the dupatta on her head. Her white dupatta, Ayan noticed, contrasted perfectly against her luscious looking black hair. "I was just…wanting to leave quickly." Her bambi eyes were lowered but they failed to hide their glint, their sparkle. Her nose was red, may be because of flue or constant rubbing. Or because of the weather that was starting to get cold.

She was wearing a white kurta and matching trousers

She was wearing a white kurta and matching trousers. Her right wrist was adorned with a single bracelet, and a pink marble ring sat proudly around her index finger of the same hand.

"Should I tell one of my female friends to drop you?" Feiha looked up. He was offering her help but all she could focus on was his face. His personable, striking face. "I mean, I could drop you myself but I don't think you'd like that," he reasoned.

"No, that's fine, I'll take the bus."

Ayan nodded and saw Feiha starting to leave. He didn't know how and why, but his feet followed hers and he soon found himself walking beside her. Feiha looked at him, her facial expression giving away her confusion.

"I'm leaving too," he smiled at her to which she said nothing. Feiha wasn't liking the way she was allowing him to be present near her. Yes he helped her and offered her water, but that didn't mean that she could be friends with him. Especially when she knew that she found him good-looking.