Prince Charming

Author's PoV:

"So you know that girl?" Ahan asked as soon as he came out of the room with Ayan beside him.

The latter pinched the bridge of his nose, his head starting to ache. "Yes," he spoke quietly, "her name is Feiha." Ahan only hummed in response. He wasn't a child. He had noticed the way his brother looked at the young woman. As if he was trying to convey something to her through his gaze.

"She's my junior in college," Ayan clarified even though he didn't need to. He felt as if he owed an explanation to his brother, afraid that he'd be misunderstood. "We're not friends though."

"I never said you were," Ahan shrugged, "the girl, what did you say her name was? Feiha? She looked like she had seen a ghost when her eyes landed on you."

Ayan rolled his eyes at the exaggeration. Surely his brother had become pretty dramatic with words, thanks to Ashiya. "She was just surprised to see me out of the blue," he reasoned.

Ahan hummed again as the duo made their way to the exit of the hospital. Suddenly, Ahan stopped in his tracks and Ayan followed his gaze only to see a middle aged woman standing near the elevator.

"That's your junior's mother," Ahan pointed his finger to the woman and then started walking towards her. Ayan watched his brother go and then decided to join him. He wanted to know more about Feiha and her family.

"Assalamualaikum," Ahan greeted to grab Khadija's attention.

The woman looked at him, at first in confusion before she finally realised who he was. "Walaikum Assalam, beta," she greeted him back. Her eyes travelled from Ahan to land on Ayan, not being able to recognise the younger one but she chose not to comment. A girl, dressed in blue trouser pants and black kameez came to stand beside her. She had the same facial features as Feiha's and Ayan wondered if she was her sister.

"We had come to see Maulvi Sahab," Ahan told Khadija, causing a sad smile to appear on her face.

She nodded as she sighed deeply, "That's very considerate of you."

"This is my brother, Ayan."

Khadija's eyebrows shot up in surprise as she took in the appearance of the young man. He was tall and fair skinned, much like Ahan. "Ayan? Mariam's youngest one?" She inquired and became even more surprised when Ahan confirmed. "Masha Allah, you have become so tall," she praised and Ayan smiled modestly.

"This is my youngest daughter, Hania," she introduced the girl to the boys, "my elder one is with her father."

Ahan nodded, "Yes we saw her."

Hania stood silently as the people around her conversed, too occupied in her own world. The events of the day had taken a toll on her and it was visible how fatal a blow it was on the poor girl's mental condition. She was shaken.

The boys left soon, and Khadija's attention was once again back on her. "Come," she ushered, "your sister must be waiting for us."

.

.

.

Ayan walked out of his classroom, exhausted and ready to call it a day. A week had passed since he saw Feiha and she was still not back in college. He had heard from his mother that Hafeez Hamdan had been discharged from the hospital and was advised bed rest.She must have been caught up in taking care of him, Ayan thought and mindlessly made his way through the corridors.

When he reached the fourth floor, he heard giggles coming from a nearby room. He walked in the direction of the sound and found a bunch of girls, some he recognised since they were regular, standing near the professor's table. There was no professor present though. There were other girls too. Junior ones, probably the freshers and they were seated.