Chapter 9: Vicki Vale

"Alright, enough joking around."

Dean waved his hand casually and said, "I understand how you feel, Dick."

"You're from the Wayne family, and who knows how many valuable treasures in this city belong to your family. It wouldn't be surprising if one day, Phantom Thief Kid stole something from you. So it's normal to feel uncomfortable when you hear others talking about the thief."

"What? I don't think like that at all!"

Dick was taken aback by the Dean's words and instinctively replied.

"I just think that people shouldn't admire a criminal."

He stared at Dean solemnly, with a serious attitude.

"Dean, what about you? Do you also like Phantom Thief Kid like everyone else?"

"What I meant to say is, you're right! I agree with your perspective. A criminal will always be a criminal, and sooner or later, the Phantom Thief Kid will be caught. Then everyone will see his true colors."

Under Dick's gaze, Dean shook his head heavily.

"That's right, I... GCPD, Batman, and Robin won't let Phantom Thief Kid get away with it."

With Dean's agreement, a delighted expression appeared on Dick's face.

"But at first, I thought you would be into the whole Phantom Thief Kid thing. After all, his disguise and techniques are much like a magician's."

Dick shrugged and casually added, "You're also a magician, so you might feel a bit involved with him. Although I don't really understand the world of magicians."

"Who says magicians will feel involved just because they are magicians?"

Dean raised an eyebrow, his eyes widened, and his face filled with disdain.

"Haven't you heard the saying, 'rivals in the same work'? And those little tricks with smoke bombs and dummies he uses aren't even advanced magic. They're just basic beginner techniques in magic. If I were Phantom Thief Kid, I would definitely do it better than him."

After listening to Dean's bold speech, Dick fell into silence for a moment.

But from a certain point of view, what Dean said was quite convincing.

On the one hand, there was a talented magician who became famous at a young age, and on the other side was a mysterious thief who had just appeared recently.

The mysterious thief's information was very limited, and he had shown very little of his abilities. At the same time, Dean had proven his skills at the Gotham Grand Theater and had the capital to be arrogant.

"Well, you're amazing."

After a while, Dick finally said those words.

Ding-ling-ling—

At that moment, the bell signaling the start of class rang, and a wise and amazing middle-aged teacher walked into the classroom.

Dean turned his body back and sat down, getting into study mode.

At least, that's what it seemed like on the outside.

'Was I too excited just now? Did mentioning the magician's identity make me nervous?'

Dean pondered in his mind, facing away from Dick.

'Don't overthink it! Keep a poker face. Dick has no reason to suspect me. So what if I'm a magician? There are plenty of magicians in the world. It's impossible for him to point fingers at me just because of this suspicion.'