Chapter 12: Gotham International Hotel

With Dean's current skills, it's easy to knock down a few drug addicts and knock half of their bodies into the ground.

In Gotham City, almost every alley with no lights leads to homeless gangsters like them. They do not belong to any gang or have any special skills to show.

They live day by day, bully the weak, and avoid the strong.

The Wayne Foundation would give them charity every month, but they would spend it all on drugs within a few days.

Then they would form groups and hide in the alley, waiting for an easy target to pass by so they could rob them and use the money for more drugs.

They live in this endless cycle of drug addiction until they die of an overdose, starve to death, or go insane and end up in Arkham Asylum.

The lucky ones might be picked by a large gang and be offered a deal to take the blame for a crime and serve time in Blackgate Penitentiary.

Once they are released, they are given a fair amount of money and, at least, won't have to worry about starving or freezing to death.

Although life may be worse than death when you become addicted.

It was interesting that even though they could have committed crimes to get these, but they didn't dare to do so.

They were so useless that not even a small gang with only a dozen members would not consider recruiting them.

The gang is so large in Gotham City that it's difficult to imagine.

Many people may ask, Why not provide them with jobs? It sounds like a good idea, but it also needs them to be willing to work.

In short, Dean felt no pity for these people and wasn't soft in this way.

As he left the alley, Dean had already changed his disguise and clothes.

Checking the time, it was still early at eight o'clock in the evening.

Dean wasn't in a rush to go home; his main concern at the moment was Vicki Vale's news article.

"Gotham's upper class is hosting a top-level auction, featuring the world's largest and most precious pink diamond..."

Dean was highly interested in this event.

"If I remember correctly, the auction is scheduled for next Saturday, from nine o'clock to twelve-thirty o'clock, and the pink diamond is the finale."

As for the location, it would be in the grand hall on the 18th floor of the Gotham International Hotel.

'Now is the perfect time to gather some information.'

With that thought in mind, Dean headed towards the hotel.

Luck was on his side, as he didn't have to walk for long before encountering a taxi.

Taking a taxi would save him a lot of time.

Also, Dean is still maintaining his disguise, so he has no worries.

Twenty minutes later, Dean got out of the car and arrived in front of the hotel.

The Gotham International Hotel went all the way up to the 26th floor and had a lot of space and nice decorating.

It was said to have been built by an ancient and famous Gotham family, but no one knows whether this is true or not or whose family it is.

Hotels were often thought of as semi-public places because there were often a lot of people inside.