chapter fourteen

Chapter 14. The Villainess' Father

Count Stevenson de Clorance is a well-known figure in the nobility. The Clorance County, in particular, holds a distinguished status due to its close ties with the Imperial Family.

Their close bond can be attributed to the promises made by the First Emperor and the First Count of Clorance. The two were renowned as best friends and shared a close relationship. They aspired to unite their families through marriage, hoping for a deep connection between their lineages. However, many years passed without either family bearing a daughter.

That was not until Cassia was born. The first female descent of the Clorances. At that time, there was also the emperor who had a son whom was at the same age as Count Clorance's first born.

At long last, it seemed that the promise made by their families' earliest descendants would be fulfilled. The news of the Clorance family welcoming a daughter surprised the entire Empire. Expectations were high for the young lady, Cassia Clorance, as the sole and first daughter of her family. Yet, reality proved to be quite the opposite.

Cassia Clorance may have everything like dresses, toys, jewelries, shoes and everything a young lady would want - but for Cassia neither of those were the ones that she wants.

Love. Although that word is foreign to her, an indescribable longing fills her heart. She yearns for the unconditional love and tender affection a father bestows upon his daughter. It is the one thing she desires above all else.

To love and to be loved.

But she never, even once, received any of those from his father - nor even his pure-blood and only brother.

She was lonely all of her life. And that feeling of loneliness and emptiness, she tried hiding it inside her. But then one day, she bursted out.

Violence - that was the result of it. Whenever the Count would ignore her, she would always went angry and violently hurt any maid that would caught her attention or view.

Henceforth, she came to be known as the infamous "Villainess" - the sole lady of Clorance, Cassia Clorance.

All just because she was never given love and affection by someone.

And now, as someone who has been reincarnated and possesses Cassia Clorance's body, I, too, assume the identity of Cassia Clorance. Today, I am about to meet the person.

❛ ━━・❪ 🌹 ❫ ・━━ ❜

The Count of Clorance sat motionless, his gaze fixed upon the window of the carriage. His mind seemed distant, lost in contemplation. Today marked the schedule of his return to the grand Clorance Main Manor.

[ Additional Information: The Clorance Family have only not one, nor two, but a total of four manors in the Lucrenze Empire, located in different places. Not only just that. They also have four villas, one in each countryside: one in the north, one in the east, one in the west, and lastly, one in the south. ]

Count Steven has his reasons for urgently and out of a sudden returning back to the Clorance Manor. After having that dream he couldn't take out of his head. Although it has been a week, the scene that he saw in his dreams are still vivid in his mind.

The whimpers of his wife. Crying and sobbing while holding a dead body in her arms. It was a lady with the same hair color as his daughter Cassia has.

Steven was walking towards his wife to comfort her and to make her stop crying when she looked at him, with anger in her eyes. Although she wasn't gritting her teeth or anything, her eyes was full of sadness and anger.