19

Even though I was being shifted to other ward where my wounds were taken care of, my mind went back to him

I wanted to know that he is safe. He literally took bullets for me and I just stood there like an idiot and let him die(not literally).

Tears run through my cheeks as I kept on cussing myself.

No matter what happened, Shardul didn't deserve to be harmed by my dad.

The doctor knocked on the door few times, whilst I mumbled a yes to them and the lady doctor entered my ward along with two of her nurses. She was in her mid thirties.

A smile played on her lips, "Hello Ms. Radha" her smile instantly bought a smile on my face. Some people really do have a power to light up a spark on others face.

"I'm Doctor Arya Kaushik and these are my nurses Anita & Keshvi. Today, we are here to assist you in healing your wound on shoulder" she said in a cheerful voice trying to cheer me up but little does she know, nothing can cheer me up apart from knowing whether he is doing fine or not.

She placed her palm on my forehead and tapped it lovingly.

"So what are you pursuing Radha?" She tried making a conversation with me.

"Oh, I recently did my MBA , but, after this traumatic incident I couldn't really focus anywhere in life" I said in a really weak voice.

Arya hummed at my answer, "You should now focus on your career and build your life, Radha but before that please take good care of yourself." she half smiled.

"Yeah, of course"

The nurse dipped the cotton pad in the antiseptic liquid, "This will hurt, but please bare with it"

I nodded at her and braced myself for the upcoming pain.

Just as the cotton pad touched my skin, it burned a lot. Small hisses left through my mouth.

I grabbed the bedsheet in my fist as the doctor and the nurse were doing the first aid for my wound.

"You have bled a lot Radha" Dr. Arya said, as the nurse was busy taking out the bullet from my shoulder.

"Doesn't matter, Shardul is fighting for his life." A tear slipped down my eye, I didn't want to think the worst case scenario right now but that's the only scenario which was coming in front of my eyes.

I won't be able to bare the loss of Shardul, ever.

He made me believe in love again, yes, he did betrayed me but he did his best to prove his love for me.

That dumbo was almost going to give up on his life. Let him just gain back his consciousness I'm gonna yell at him so bad.

"Ms. Radha, don't worry. He will be fine. The reports so far, have been coming to normal" Arya said.