Asterix

REQUESTED BY -squirlf-

Name:

Asterix

Short Description: 

Asterix (French: Astérix)

Long Description:

Asterix (French: Astérix) is the main protagonist of the Asterix games and overall franchise.

Definition:

Asterix forms a duo with his best friend Obelix, both characters are playable in various games. Asterix does not have incredible strength like Obelix, he temporarily gets it from the magic potion brewed by the druid Getafix, but he is more intelligent, and his small size allows him to get in tight spaces where Obelix cannot pass.

Asterix is represented with a minimalistic sprite of his head. He needs to move around, collecting Roman objects and avoiding lyres.Contrary to the game's title Asterix is the one in the duo mostly controlled by the player. This is the first game where he has a fullbody sprite.

Asterix needs to move around and walk into blue Romans to freeze them in place and make them vulnerable to menhirs. However, he is vulnerable to the aggresive pink Romans and menhirs himself. Getafix's potions make him fast and invincible for a few seconds, as well as let him defeat any Romans except while they're white.

Asterix can beat up enemies, but is too weak to smash blocks. He can collect red potions and throw them, which explode in a few seconds after landing.