22

"That idea makes me want to kill myself. I won't lie," Emma mumbled harshly. "Personally, I don't care. Take my offer or live behind glass forever. Your life, your choice." Nick Fury snapped at the girl. "Why would you want me anyway? I ain't much of a hero from what I can see." "We can make a hero out of you. Anyway, where would you go if you weren't here -" "Galway, probably." Emma stated, interrupting Fury. "Emma, you can't jus -" "That's funny cause I actually can. It's a free country, and personally Ireland sounds fantastic for some reason. Maybe it's the food." The room fell silent. "Look Emma. Consider it. Please. I promise you won't regret it. You aren't the first hydra experiment I've had to deal with. It's exactly what you need. Use your talent for a good thing." Emma studied the man in front of her. He wasn't bullshitting her,surprisingly. Emma sensed his genuine concern and his want for her to agree. She let out a loud sigh. "Fine. I'll be one of your avengers. As long as I'm being fed, " she added. Fury nodded his head before getting to his feet. He gestured towards the door. Emma left from her chair and followed him down the long, bright hallway.

The Avengers sat in silence. They were in a large room filled with nothing but chairs. "How do you think it's going?" Nat questioned, glancing round the room. "I'd say she will take it. I don't see her agreeing to stay in that cell anymore." Clint exclaimed. Steve nodded in response. Tony let out a loud sigh. "Wish we had killed her or something. These things come with trouble, and I don't want that right now. " Steve turned to face him. "Can you not be selfish for 10 minutes?" He muttered. Tony swiftly got to his feet. "And would you ever stop commenting on everything I do and say?" Steve began to get to his feet. "Nope. No way. We are not having another stupid argument right now. Sit down the pair of you" Natasha ordered. The pair glared at her before taking thier seats. The room fell silent until the distinct sound of footsteps could be heard.

Nick Fury marched into the room followed closely by Emma, who struggled to keep up with his long stride. "Meet your new team member, Claws, A.K.A. Emma." Emma stood awkwardly at his side. She twisted her hands together in the sleeves of her Hoodie. Everyone smiled at her while she stood still. She didn't know what to do or say. She smiled awkwardly and managed to say a small thank you to the group. Once  the room had cleared out and Nick and Emma were sat alone, she finally spoke. "I think I might actually like it here"