3 || followers

'I'm tired' was all that Neo could say — how do nobles chat with people all day and night? Perhaps Neo was an extrovert, but Cheonji definitely wasn't

"Are you okay, My Lord? I've never seen you so tired before..."

"I'm okay. Please prepare the bath. I want to sleep immediately." Neo slumped down on the couch in his room, looking like a man who lost his soul.

"As you wish."

It seems that he went about this the wrong way. He tried to make it seem that Leo was the one who came up with the idea, but the commoners — especially the ones he helped, found out and spread the news of how humble he was, increasing his image. He tried to bribe them to not tell anyone else to save what was left of his plan, but their conscience outweighed the price of money.

What could he do with people that were too loyal?

He sighed and covered his eyes with his arm, drifting in and out of his consciousness.

It was the first time in weeks that he took the time and thought about his past life— more specifically, the relationships he had built before.

He was far too busy to ponder on something like this, but with the moonlight peeking through the curtains, he felt a weird sense of tranquillity.

"My Lord, the bath is ready."

Still, time flies, and he can't afford to dwell on the past.

"Coming."

--

Today, he had set out to visit the village by the cave. Just like in the other scenario he solved before, the citizens here didn't seem to do so well. What he could see were the crops slowly wilting, and not many livestock were still alive.

'So there's food shortage...'

"Ah, Saviour of the Slums!"

Right. There was also that embarrassing nickname. Whenever Neo told them to not call him that, it did the opposite and led them to cheer even louder. They treat him like a blessing from god — an angel sent down to liberate them. Neo just thinks they're delusional. It wasn't like he didn't understand that delusional thinking, though.