8 || ignorance

Neo sipped on some water as he watched Cale chugging an entire wine bottle, his face flushed from the alcohol

Neo sipped on some water as he watched Cale chugging an entire wine bottle, his face flushed from the alcohol. He looked around at the main cast of characters, the two kittens who were playing with Hans, Choi Han who looked concerned at the amount of alcohol Cale was consuming, Ron who was... standing ominously in a corner, and Hilsman chatting with his fellow knights.

"Shouldn't we stop him? He's had a lot to drink," Choi Han said, whispering to Hans.

In response, Hans simply laughed. "Nope! He's not holding anything, which means we're safe! He promised not to throw any bottles, haha."

"...Is that so?"

Neo chuckled at Hans' optimism and took another sip, before being startled at the two kittens staring at him.

"My Lord? Are you alright?" Dante handed him a handkerchief, which he quickly used to wipe his mouth. 

"I'm fine. It just went down the wrong pipe."

'Why are they looking at me like that? Don't tell me they know something... I thought I hid my traces pretty well...'

Unbeknownst to him, the blue jay on his shoulder and the cat tribe siblings were having a staring contest.

"It seems like these two are interested in your bird, Lord Neo!" Hans hopped over, noticing the kittens that crowded around the flustered noble.

Neo cleared his throat and nodded. "Is that so? I just hope they won't harm him."

"No, no, they would never! They are very well-behaved, so Lord Neo doesn't need to worry about that. The silver one's name is Ohn, and the other is Hong," Hans gestured at them, the two of them adorably responding with 'meow'. He then looked towards the bird that perched on his hand with interest. "Does this little guy have a name too?"

The blue jay made direct eye contact with Neo, and he froze with a sense of guilt. 

"...No, not yet." He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, trying to avoid the bird's pleading eyes.

"Is that so? Well, should we try to think of a name for him?"

Neo paused and took a moment to think about it. "...He's blue, so... Bluey. Or maybe Birdie?"

Hans slapped his mouth in an attempt to keep a laugh in.

 The bird immediately thrashed Neo's hair, almost asking if he was taking this seriously or not. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm bad with names. I can't think of anything if you put me on the spot like this!"

Dante laughs and coddles the bird gently in his hands to avoid further damage to Neo's hair. "Please try again, My Lord. Even I thought that attempt was quite pathetic."

'When did Dante speak so harshly?' Neo roughly pats his hair back in place and sighs. "Yes, my apologies. Give me some time."