On an Icy Win Streak

"Midoriya Shoto versus Iida Tenya! Will Iida run his way out of this or will Shoto freeze him OR burn him out?!"

Shoto stepped out onto the arena stage, glancing up to the stands to see his brother pouting and rubbing the back of his head from where he gently bopped him. He sighed.

Izuku was so close to winning that battle only to be bested at the last moment. That's why he reacted by just softly slapping the back of his head only to receive Izuku's dramatic, betrayed look. But at least he knew not to respond to Shinso when he won against Iida.

Shoto rolled his shoulder as Midnight started counting down. Iida relies on his speed so he messes up the terrain, then Iida might slip or stutter in his steps.

"Ready? Go!" Present Mic's voice yelled out along with Midnight's.

Iida moved so quickly he barely had time to react, his form rocketing towards him in a plume of smoke behind him from his feet striking the ground.

Shoto fell to the ground on his knees as he froze the entire arena ground. He turned to see Iida barely missed the out of bounds line by throwing his body weight to the side to avoid crossing the line.

Iida slid across the arena, trying to move on his knees to avoid slipping. Shoto placed his hands on his shoes to make ice skating made out of a thick piece of manipulated ice.

As he rose to his feet, the crowd roared in interest as he started to skate, his sisters' cheering ringing above all of the others. It made sense since his sisters loved to watch him skate on the ice the most.

He moved like water across the ice, spinning circles around Iida who was trying to get a firm footing in the ice.

The speakers crackled. "Wow, look at those figure skating skills. I don't think Iida can keep up with the little ice skating prince of Class 1-A!"

Shoto watched as Iida slammed his feet into one spot of the frozen field, cracking the ice as he kicked. Iida pushed himself up to his feet on the broken ice, watching his movements to track him.

The motor engines in Iida's legs started revving up while those eyes stared right at him. Shoto stared back, spinning around once to taunt the speedster.

"What an icebreaker, huh?!" Present Mic yelled out his pun with confidence as the audience cheered.

Shoto let the flames travel down his arm as Iida narrowed his gaze. He pushed out with his flames forming a circle around the arena that stopped just short of his right side.

Iida readied his position before running at him, where the ice was melting and the fire wall was weaker. Shoto jumped to the ground, tackling Iida's legs which made him fall with an awkward Yelp erupting from his throat.

Iida fell back which gave Shoto a perfect opportunity to finish it all by pushing a Iida over the line where the hard ice floor was still melting from the flames, letting him easily slide his classmate out of bounds.

"Iida Tenya is out of bounds! Midoriya Shoto is the winner!"

Shoto rose up from the ground, breaking the remaining ice skates off his shoes to stand firmly. He turned to Iida and offered a hand to his fallen opponent.

"Hah. I hope my brother is proud of my battles so far." Iida said, rising from the ground with his help. His hand tightened as he jerked upright to stand on his feet.

"I'm sure he will." Shoto replied honestly. He knew his older brothers would never go hard on him for losing. At most, they would say 'good try' then train him to be better for next time. But... "Although if your brother is anything like my brothers, he would laugh at this last battle."

"I'm sure he will take some humor in how I failed against you. But for now, I'm glad to have made it this far into the competition." Iida bowed his head to him, rising back with a smile. "You are a worthy opponent. I look forward to our next battle."

Shoto nodded respectfully, "The same goes for you."

Now he would just need to fight Yoarashi when he won against Bakugo.

*

"And Class 1-A's Bakugo Katsuki wins!"

'Yoarashi Inasa. How dare you lose,' Shoto thought to himself as he watched the powerful wind user bow their head directly through the ground.

He was so close since the harsh wind whipping around the stadium was enough to slow down Bakugo, making him stumble on the arena floor. Yet that stubborn bastard refused to tip over past the white line.

Instead, the blonde attacked him, using the wind against his opponent by flying through the air with his explosions to guide him. Before he knew it, Bakugo had knocked Yoarashi out of the circle just barely enough for it to count.

But he supposes it could also be a 'thank you' since now he had a chance to fight Bakugo without anything holding him back like laws or rules. Or his brother, Izuku, who really did not want to see him get arrested for the things he wanted to do to Bakugo.

Most of his other siblings were fine with the possible exception of Fuyumi who refused to agree or watch anything due to not wanting to be an accomplice.

He had lost count of how many times he almost dragged Bakugo to the school roof or outside to fight against him either defending his brother or just from getting annoyed by his constant yelling. But his brother always stopped him by reminding him of school rules and the laws that would prevent him.

Touya and Tenko always agreed with him though mostly because they wanted to watch their fight. But at least the two get a chance now since this school sanctioned fight is very public and very televised.

Ooh, he really hoped their old classmates were watching. It would be quite a sight to even see them react to how well he and Izuku are doing in the Sports Festival.

It's not like all of them made it to their hero schools they so desperately wanted to attend. Maybe a few of them got into the general education classes.

Either way, none of them could touch him or his brother.

*

The round before the final battle was with him and Shinso.

His brother shouted down at him from the stands words of encouragement while he heard his older brother's shouting for him to win from the audience.

Thanks to Izuku's previous loss, it did not take long for him to win the battle. And Shinso looked like he expected it to from his expectant expression. Like he was waiting if this impending loss.

As soon as Midnight waved the flag, Shoto froze Shinso to his spot before he could say a single word. The ice erupted from under his foot into glacier-like  mounds encasing Shinso.

"Shinso Hitoshi, do you yield?" Midnight asked.

Shinso sighed, rolling his eyes. The teen shifted briefly to test his ice prison only to shake his head. "Yeah, I can't move."

"Shinso Hitoshi is unable to battle! Therefore, Midoriya Shoto wins!" Present Mic announces with his classic radio host persona voice. "This means Bakugo Katsuki will go against Midoriya Shoto in the final round!"

"Can you get me out of here? It's freezing my fingers off," Shinso called out to him. He obliged by allowing the flames to build up, melting the formation of ice leading to Shinso.

Shinso parted with a hushed thanks as Class 1-C stands erupted in cheers for him. Shoto watched as the purple haired stranger grinned up at their classmates before disappearing through the opposite tunnel.

As soon as he disappeared, Shoto looked back at the stands where a blonde and red eyed boy was glaring right at him.

He kept his gaze on the blonde as he slowly raised an eyebrow, subtly taunting the angry blonde.

After so many years, Shoto will finally get a chance to show Bakugo just how stupid he really is.