Booty Shorts

A sequel ficlet to Spotting requested by EtherVoid55 on ao3. Enjoy!

Key: fuzzball - Rook, Doofus - Ben

-----------------------------

Rook couldn't believe his luck, or maybe his misfortune. He didn't know which one it was yet. Ben had texted him asking if he could spot the brunette again. Rook stared down at the message slack jawed as he had been for the last ten minutes. He should probably respond soon. From his understanding, it was rude to leave someone on read. But the question is, should he say yes?

The gym session had gone well last time. Aside from Rook's mind trying to kill him of course. Also, his and Ben's schedule's were empty since they were practically ordered to take an extended break after their last mission. So, it wasn't like he could feign having to leave the planet to carry out a plumber operation. Ben would know that he was lying and get suspicious as to why.

Rook sighed and pressed the power button on his phone and unlocked it. The screen had turned off as he internally debated what to do. Even after all of that thinking, he still was at a loss for what to do. If he said yes, he'd have to suffer with his thoughts about Ben the entire time as his eyes ogle his body. If he said no, Ben could eventually come to the conclusion that the revonnahgander harbours feelings for him. The latter would be much worse than the first if Ben has a negative reaction to that set of information. Rook sighed again and began typing his response.

Fuzzball: Yes, I can spot you again

Fuzzball: See you in two hours

-page break-

Rook quickly realized that he made a grave mistake. This was even worse than last time. It was a good thing that his face was covered with fur. Otherwise, Ben would be able to clearly see how flushed and hot his cheeks were. Rook tried his best to keep his eyes from trailing further down Ben's body than it should but the task was impossible. It was as if some higher power was testing Rook today because there could be no other explanation for this.

Ben was wearing booty shorts. 

As if seeing Ben in tight workout clothes wasn't enough. Now Rook had to suffer through spotting Ben as he squatted with his ass barely concealed by said booty shorts. All of Rook's classes at the plumber academy on how to resist multiple forms of torture was for naught. This was torture of the highest degree. And he still had another hour of this to get through.

"Something on your mind Rook?" Ben asked, causing Rook to snap his head up and look at Ben in the reflection of the mirror. Ben was looking at him curiously but Rook swore he saw a hint of a smirk playing on his lips. He was proven right only a few moments later when Ben's smirk grew as he did another squat. The brunette accentuating his ass as he effortlessly completed the motion with the 150lb weights. 

"Bralla-da," Rook said, meeting Ben's eyes in the mirror again, "You are doing this on purpose!"

"What ever do you mean?" Ben asked, feigning innocence as he repeated his previous squat.

Rook's face heated up even more and millions of thoughts swarmed through his mind. Ben was teasing him on purpose. The tight workout clothes from last time and now the booty shorts were chosen specifically to test his resolve. But why? What reason did Ben have to do this to him?

"Oh my god," Ben muttered as he put the barbell back on the J-hooks before turning around to face Rook, "Am I not attractive to you? Is this not enough to get your attention?"

"What do you-"

"I've been trying to get you to ask me out for months!" Ben interrupted, flailing his arms in frustration, "I started out with some light flirting but that clearly went over your head. Then I thought, "Maybe I should be a bit more direct with my hints." So I did. I asked you about romantic things so many times, and what came of that? Nothing! This is my last resort and you're still not picking up what I'm putting down."

Ben drew in a deep breath before he continued, "I'm starting to think this is hopeless and that you don't even like me."

"But... I- I do like you," Rook stammered, his mind still reeling from everything Ben just told him.

"You do?" Ben asked, looking up at him with hopeful eyes. The sight made Rook's heart melt.

"Yes I do," Rook replied, "I have liked you for a very long time."

"Then why haven't you asked me out yet?!" Ben yelled, his frustration coming back in full force.

"I was not sure that you liked me back," Rook answered, "I also did not understand where all of the questions about romance were coming from. I thought you just wanted my general opinion."

"That still doesn't sound like your asking me out on a date," Ben said, "I didn't ask Gwen for advice and wear booty shorts for nothing."

Rook closed his eyes and sighed, fondly shaking his head. When he reopened them, Ben was looking at him expectantly. Rook laughed lightly and took Ben's hands in his.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"

"Yes!" Ben exclaimed exasperated, "I'd love to go on a date with you."

"How does dinner at The Silver Lily this Saturday sound?"

"Pick me up at eight?"

"I will be there early."

-page break-

Doofus: GWEN!

Doofus: The booty shorts worked

Energy_Witch: So Rook finally asked you out?

Energy_Witch: Congrats 🥳

Doofus: I had to prompt him a little, but yes he finally made a move

Doofus: I was ready to strip down then and there to get him to do something

Doofus: Good thing it didn't come to that

Doofus: I can't use all my assets before our first date after all 😉

Energy_Witch: I did not need to know that you plan to fuck him after your date

Doofus: 😜🍆💦

Energy_Witch: You're so gross

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was straight up cackling as I wrote the last section. Gwen is so done with Ben 🤣