46: Crossovers

It was crazy how fast Ashton and Ryker almost forgot that they spent years hating one another. Well, Ashton was the only one that actually hated the other man, as Ryker had always been head over heels for the brunette.

They fell back into how they used to be before. Half the time it felt like they were simply two best friends hanging out, playing video games or arguing over stupid things, and the other half was spent together with them fucking like bunnies.

Ashton never failed to surprise Ryker in that regard. Ryker had made the mistake of assuming that Ashton would be timid or reserved in bed, but he turned out to be quite the wild card.

It didn't take long for Ashton to get signed for another movie, a big time director again. The film was an adaption of a romance novel written on some reading-writing app that Ashton had never even heard of before. Apparently Ryker had, though, and he informed Ashton about the bunch of fanfics on there that shipped the two of them.

Apparently some fans loved the whole enemies-to-lovers trope. Who would've thought they were right, huh?

A lot of other developments happened in the next few months too. Ashton finally ended up filing a restraining order against his mother. Those were some tough few weeks, somehow the news got out and he was hounded by reporters for days on end. He never made a comment on it, and thankfully neither did his mother.

Ashton didn't check social media for weeks during that period. He knew the type of shit people would be assuming, and he wanted to protect his peace. He had finally started going to therapy, and he didn't want to fuck up his mental health even more.

Meeting Ryker became hard too, as it felt like there was somebody or the other always watching where he was going or what he was doing.

Ashton could only breathe in relief when the gossip became old. People and media moved on, and a divorce announcement of some famous celebrity couple became the top news instead. Thank fuck for failing marriages, right?

Cora gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, and Ashton managed to be there at the hospital. Ashton had insisted on paying for a private suite, which Cora argued against, but Ashton ultimately won. Thankfully, this meant that they got their privacy without new rumors leaking. Ashton was half prepared for it to get out and for people to assume he was the father. But it didn't.

Ashton and Ryker also visited Ryker's home a couple times. Ryker had told his parents that they were dating, after asking Ashton whether he would be okay with it or not. Ashton was nervous to see them for the first time after that, but... everything was exactly the same. They didn't treat him any differently, they were still as caring and affectionate as ever.

Unlike his parents, Ryker and Ashton had told Abi that they were dating in person. Together. She simply yelled a 'finally!' and made a show of thanking the universe for making the two men grow both a brain and a set of balls.

The two men were currently at Abi's wedding. It was a low-key affair that they had decided to have at Parker's hometown. His family was apparently quite well off, and the ceremony was at their mansion.

A few people had come up to Ashton and Ryker for pictures and autographs at the wedding, which they were expecting. Fortunately, most people respected that the day wasn't about them but about Abi and Parker, so they didn't create a scene.

Ashton was currently in the restroom, he noticed a man washing his hands as he exited the stall. The blond looked maybe a tad bit older than him, but he was easily one of the most handsome men Ashton had ever seen. And that was saying something considering the industry Ashton worked in.

The blond glanced at Ashton for barely a moment, before focusing back on drying his hands. Ashton couldn't help but be intrigued by the lack of interest. Did he not know who Ashton was?