19. Charity (1)

"You need to find me a lawyer who's well aware of international law and business agreement you know and has experience on staff like that. I need the best and non- corrupted one." I said to Rowan over phone. I told him about the project. 

"Okay ma'am anything else?" he asked playfully.

"Nah. I'll call you back I'm going to sleep. Too exhausted." I said and cut the call.

I'm working all day and night these days not just me also my teams. I've to manage my study, company, joint collaboration project with Kim Taehyung and the new 'Kryos' project. For this I have to find perfect team members for this and also a backup team if one of the members had to face unintentional issues.

I don’t know if I'll get this or not but I'll give my best to have 'Kryos'.  Top of that I need to be prepared mentally for this step.

"I need a date for the charity event. " my uncle said while going through some files.

"Can I just not go, I have tons of work. " I complained

"This is why I'm taking you. You look like shit. Work is important but health come first." He firmly said.  Nah, he is nagging again

"Okay dad."

For a brief moment uncle look at me with unreadable expression that had me taken a back.

"Did calling him dad triggered him?" I asked Rowan through video call laying like a starfish on my bed.

"You fucking idiot of course it did." Rowan cursed under his breath.

"Why?" I asked

"Who is your guardian?"

"Uncle."

"Who has taken you under his wing and had  your back? "

"Uncle."

"Y/n, he has always thought you like his own daughter. He might not show it all. But he has always made sure to have your back. He has support you, he has always protect you like an invisible shield. He try to give you the love of mother, father can't you see. Even you know if the whole world is against you he will still take your side. Uncle Sean is just bad at showing his love but he has done everything a father would do for his daughter.  He is not your biological father but he has always thought of you like his daughter." Rowan explained.

Now this actually make sense. Everywhere in parents spot he is my first guardian. Uncle always made sure I fight my own battle but I've always knew if i lost my path he will guide me.

"Ready?" uncle sean smirk at my irritation

He is looking as good as always in his three piece black and white suit.

I'm wearing a black dress matching him.

"Nooo." I groan.

I wanna go home honestly.

Tally charity event.  The biggest charity event in south Korea organized by the group Tally. Every year this day they arranged the event. They donate the money to the schools, shelter and Orphanages. Tally is known for their wealth, reputation and business.

I entered the event with my uncle as usual eyes on us. At this time I should be used to it but I'm not. It’s still feel uncomfortable but I don’t show it. Controlling facials expression is hard some times.

I see some familiar faces from the business. But just few.

"Oh my!!  is this your niece Sean?" a woman in her Fifty exclaimed. Oh I recognize her, she is the wife of Tally's chairman.

"Yes." uncle replied curtly knowing her intention already.

"I've heard a lot about you sweety. My husband won't stop praising you and he always tell my grandaughter to be like you. Are you single right now?" her sweet tone now make sense. I look at uncle he has that famous stoic expression on.

"I'll take your silence as no. Come meet my eldest grandson. You will look perfect together. " she said extra sweety with a smile plastered on her face.

Please vote and comment

Thank you 🌼

( I'm busy with my UNI and life so I'll apologize in advance because updates will be less frequent.)