Chapter 10

~Saturday, 18/02/23 - 7:57am

Julianna's POV

"I'm hungry. Can we get breakfast?" I asked Sawyer.

We were sitting in the Green towers common room early in the morning watching a show.

"Breakfast doesn't start till 8."

"We'll just start walking there now."

"You need to get ice for your ankle."

"It'll be fine."

"What classes do you have today?"

"None, it's Saturday. Might just go for a run though." I replied.

"If you go on a run you should tape your ankle."

"I'll be fine."

"If you don't want to go to the nurse, I'll get the tape and tape your ankle for you."

"Again, I'll be fine."

"You literally complained you're foot was hurting 30 minutes ago!"

"That was 30 minutes ago. It's fine now."

As soon as I said that, Sawyer got off the couch and left the green tower. I was so confused. Did I make him angry?

I decided to follow him. I was way slower than him and I had to limp a little bit but I managed to spot him exiting the nurses office with a roll of ankle tape and scissors. He spotted me and started angrily marching towards me.

"Julianna McNeil! Sit on the ground right now!" He said in a pretend angry voice.

Luckily I could tell he was just pretending to be angry.

"Oh no, you caught me." I said dramatically dropping to the ground playing along with whatever he was doing.

"Come on. Let's tape the foot." He said playfully offering me a piggy back ride to the tower.

I jump on his back and away we go towards the tower. He places me gently on the common room couch and people in my tower walk past looking at us weirdly. Most people say hi to Sawyer and ignore my presence.

"Why's everyone so grumpy?" I asked, while he was taping my ankle.

"Yeah, I've noticed everyone's ignoring you."

"Ow." I say.

"Sorry."

"Hurry up. I'm hungry!" I complained.

"Well if you actually listened we could've been eating by now, but no, you had to do it the hard way." He said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Can you drive a car?" He asked suspiciously.

"Why?" 

"Just wanting to know."

"Yes...I have my L" I reply cautiously.

"So you can drive a car but you can't tape your own foot." He said in a joking way.

"Just hurry up."

Once he finished I put my shoe back on and we headed to the dining hall. There were barely any people in the hall.

"Where's everyone?" I asked, walking to grab my food.

"I have no idea. Didn't we see a ton of people walking past us before."

"We did."

"Strange."

"Indeed." I said, as I entered the kitchen to get my food.