𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟒

* 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 *

The address Raeni gave me wasn't far from where I lived, so I decided to walk. It was nice outside so I didn't mind.

I spent the whole walk reassuring myself and scrolling through Pinterest to make myself look less boring. The streets weren't as busy today which was gladly appreciated, I did not need to be nearly run over by a cab today.

It took some time but I finally reached the place Raeni said to meet, it looked to be a park. I looked down at my phone about to text her until I heard a voice call out my name.

"Dahlia! Over here!"

I turned my head in all directions before stopping on Raeni jumping up and down, waving her hands like an idiot. I giggled and made my way over to where she was.

I stood in awe at the sight, of Raeni and what she had set up for us. She was dressed up in a vibrant pink tube top with a long white skirt and sandals similar to mine. Her makeup was done beautifully, she had her hair pulled back and her skin highlighted by the sun.

She stood so beautifully in front of the picnic she set up for the both of us. " You look stunning love." She said pulling me into a hug.

"You look great too. Did you do all of this?" I asked with a smile, motioning to the scene behind her.

" Yeah, I wasn't sure what you would like so I decided to just play it safe, " she chuckled. " Do you like it?"

" I love it, it's beautiful." I beamed.

It truly was. We were in a gazebo-like thing that had fairy lights wrapped around it, in the middle sat a white cloth with a decent amount of food on it. And behind it, there was a delightful view of a path leading down to a river. I was in awe.

"So... Would you like to sit?" She asked breaking the silence.

I realized that I had been frozen in my spot, " Oh! Yeah, I would love to." Sitting down on the cushions, I smoothed out my dress and observed the food she had laid out. Charcuterie boards with fruits and different kinds of cheeses, mini sandwiches, donuts and different assortments of drinks.

" You're not allergic to anything right?" she asked with a nervous chuckle. "Sorry, I should've asked over the phone but I wasn't thinking."

"No I'm not, and I'm glad because now I can enjoy everything here." I smiled and grabbed a croissant taking a bite into it.

"That's reassuring, I didn't want you going to the hospital our 2nd time meeting" she giggled. I noticed her digging in her bag and pulling out a camera. " Mind if I take a photo, it's okay if not. I just like capturing moments like these."

" No, I don't mind! Click away." I posed a few times as she took a few photos of me and then everything around us.

" What else interests you besides photography? Tell me about yourself," I said finishing my croissant and grabbing a napkin.