Chapter Five: What Change?

Narrator's POV

Amythest woke up to the sound of people chattering outside the manor and some carriages going on and about early in the morning.

"Hmm..Mira."

She called out with her eyes still closed. Seconds after, Mira enters with a basin and a towel in her hands.

"I'm here,My lady. Do you need something?" Her chambermaid asked.

"What's this fuss about so early in the morning,Mira? There's so much noise outside and I can't sleep because of it." Amythest grunted.

"Oh, it's to prepare for the young master's return,my lady. I was told that they should be here this afternoon so the manor is busy this morning." Mira explained.

'So that's why it's so noisy?My brother's are coming back?' She thought.

"Is that so? Okay then." She said before going back to sleep.

"Aren't you going to welcome them my lady? You haven't seen them for 4 years." Mira asked.

"Should I?" She asked back.

"Isn't that what you always do,my lady? It's always been your dream to meet them again." Mira said.

'If I WAS Amythest,that is. Which I'm not.' She thought.

"I think I'll pass. They'd be able to enter the mansion without me welcoming them anyway." She said which confuses Mira.

'My lady changed a lot after her accident. It's as if she became a different person.' Mira thought.

"Oh, by the way." Amythest said before Mira could come out the room.

"Yes,my lady?" She asked.

"Please empty the Green House for this afternoon, I'd like to have a picnic there." Amythest said which made Mira surprised.

'The Green House is the late Grand Duchess resting place. The Grand Duke built it for here because the late Grand Duchess likes peaceful place to rest. Ever since the former Duchess past away the Garden has been unused and hasn't been visited on for years. But what's the sudden change? Lady Amythest doesn't want to go there and the Grand Duke banned the servants and the people inside the manor to enter. Only the gardener goes there every day to tend the flowers from withering.' Mira thought before going out.

Afternoon came, Mira and Amythest are walking towards the Green House to have a picnic and to see the state of the Garden when they walked upon 3 maids and a gardener.

"Do you think we should tend to the Garden now that the young master's are almost here?" They heard the Gardener's voice.

"This Garden is useless anyway. The Grand Duchess build a better garden garden at the back of the manor. It was so elegant than this garbage." The first maid said.

"That's true. No one visited this Green house anyway. The Grand Duke should empty everything here." The second maid said.

"Although this was the late Grand Duchess garden, no one used to come here not even that cursed child." The third maid said.

"That child is the cause of the Grand Duke's downfall. I heard she was neglected by the prince at the academy." Said the first maid.

Amythest was listening behind the tree when Mira approached them.

"What are you talking about? My Lady was never neglected. She was the first one to broke the engagement." Mira defended.

"Mira, Mira,Mira. Are you still attending that lady? You should just resigned and go to the west mansion with us. The young master's will return with a young lady who was rumored to be the new adopted daughter of the Grand Duke." The maid said.