IIII - Hurts

A sense of familiarity fills you as you hear his footsteps recede into the dimness of the hallway. With a trembling hand, you slowly reach for the back of your dress, feeling the deep welts of the whip lashes and the blood slowly trickling down your skin.

Your eyes were still wet with tears, but another emotion takes precedence over fear and pain. It was a cold, bitter, yet strong emotion: resentment.

His words were still ringing in your ears; he could always make your life a living hell if he wanted to. You hated him.

You hated Meiza, Meiza who reeked of pure evil. He was as cunning as a fox, but as cruel as a lion. His sadistic mind found pleasure in torturing his servants; he loved seeing the fear in their eyes and knowing he had the power to drive them insane.

But what made his evil so intriguing to you was that he still treated his servants like human beings. He was never a cruel master, despite the many atrocities he committed. In fact, despite his ruthless nature, he could be very kind.

It was as if he was two completely different people

His kindness only made it more difficult to navigate his evil intentions. You knew he was capable of terrible things, but you also knew he could be nice, understanding, supportive. You never knew what you were going to get, and that was part of the excitement.

You were constantly on edge, waiting for the other shoe to drop, waiting for him to turn on you and lash out. But you also felt like you had a connection with him, like you could trust him, like you could understand him.

You knew that he could never be fully trusted, that he was a dangerous and unpredictable force to be reckoned with. But you also couldn't help but feel drawn to him, to his charisma, his power, his darkness.

You were torn between your fear of him and your fascination with him, between your desire to escape him and your need to please him. And that was what made him so seductive and dangerous.

He stood in the hallway, reflecting on his actions. He knew he could be cruel, but he always tried to maintain some level of control.

Did he go too far?

Did he really need to punish her so harshly?

As he mulled over these thoughts, he heard footsteps coming down the hallway. His heart skipped a beat as he realized it was one of his servants coming to take her to her room. He took a deep breath, trying to compose himself before the servant reached him.

"Take her to her room," he said, his voice low and commanding.

The young servant girl, with beige skin and brown locks nodded and approached her, taking her gently by the arm and leading her down the corridor.

As they reached her room, the young servant girl opened the door and ushered you inside. She hesitated a moment before closing the door behind you.

On the other hand

Meiza was left alone, his gaze drifting to the open window as he contemplated whether or not he had gone too far. Surely, he had made his point, but had he driven you to the breaking point?

He sighed, running a hand through his dark black hair as he sat down on the edge of his bed. He had never really meant to hurt you, but sometimes the temptation to play with power was simply too great to resist.

I mean, who could blame him?

He would have to be more careful in the future, he decided. He couldn't afford to drive you too far or you may genuinely be successful in your next little escapade. And that, he realized, was the last thing he truly wanted.

As the young servant girl leaves, you found yourself left alone with your thoughts. Your back burned from the lashes, and welts and you could hardly even move.

You tried to take shallow breaths, but it's difficult with the pain, and all you could really do was sob silently on your bed face-down.

For what seemed like hours - (it was precisely 30 minutes later) Meiza entered your room.

He stands near your bed, looking down at you, his expression unreadable.

"I think" he hesitated before continuing which was really rare for him.

"I think I went too far," he says finally, his voice low.

You look up to him from your bed, saying nothing, afraid of his reaction. You find yourself wondering if he'll hit you again, or if he'll be kind. His cruelty and kindness like mentioned was truly unpredictable.

"I don't know what's wrong with me," he continues, as if he's talking more to himself than to you.

"Sometimes I lose myself, and I don't know how to stop. I'm sorry."

He extended his hand to her, and she found herself hesitating for a moment before finally taking it. He had helped the maid servant up from her bed, and she found herself leaning against him, feeling not only exhausted but wounded too.

"I'll see to it that your back is looked after," he says, his voice softer now, almost comforting.

"I promise I'll make it up to you."