VI - Food

A/N:- Bulimia and Binging is mentioned, read with caution! 🫶🏼

Meiza's mind was cloudy. It felt as if his emotions would spill over at any moment. He was conflicted; was he being too harsh on his maidservant? Was he too kind? Should he go back and check on her?

He couldn't deny the feeling of remorse that was gnawing at his insides. It's for this reason he didn't cut off your legs.

She trusted him with everything in her. She still trusted him.

As he found himself leaving his chambers, leaving his beloved maidservant sleeping, he felt a sense of relief wash over him. He was glad he could escape the guilt and shame weighing on him, if only for a little while.

He knew he had to face his guilt eventually, but for now, he just needed to escape.

It's not clear why he had favoured you above all.

Why you?

What was so special about you?

The noble had always given the other servants the cold shoulder, and his only emotion towards them was anger or disdain.

Perhaps... You were the lucky bird that managed to earn his soft spot? Or was this an effect of your beauty? Either way, the noble had felt furious regarding your incident. He had given you a free pass a week before this incident, and yet you had ran.

Ran away from him

That was your mistake, you see.

You learnt first-hand that the favor of a noble cannot be broken. You're only a servant, and now that you were caught trying to leave his sight, you're definitely not off the hook just yet.

Meiza needed answers. Reasons why you even escaped.

However, his mind raced with conflicting thoughts and emotions. On one hand, he was angry with you for fleeing, for daring to challenge his authority. On the other hand, he was filled with remorse for his actions, for the pain that he had caused her.

He wandered through his endless mansion, his thoughts were racing and were wild. staring down at the city below him, wondering why [Y/N] had fled. Was she afraid of him, of what he had done to her? Did she think he was a monster?

But how could she? Why had she run away from him, her master, the one who took care of her, protected her, provided for her?

Meiza was not quite sure what he was looking for, as he looked out at the bustling town before him,but he knew that he needs to find something, some way to get away from the pain he had caused, and the pain he had received from her escape.

In his mind's eye, he constantly pictured her running away again, free through the sprawling city as far as her legs could take her. He yearned to punish her for having dared to even think about having such thoughts.

He wasn't sure what was driving him, but he found himself having an urge to be reckless, to do something impulsive, to let loose and to just be in the moment.

The nobleman who was plagued by worries of his maidservant's recent escape turned to a more destructive form of relief: food and alcohol.

As he wandered into the kitchen, the aroma of countless dishes filled his nostrils, and it seemed as though the walls themselves were made of food. The nobleman's mouth watered at the prospect of indulging in some much-needed comfort. He plucked a bottle of wine from a nearby shelf, pulling it open with a resounding cork pop. He took a deep swig from the bottle and felt its burn as it made its way down his throat. He sighed with contentment, reveling in the sensation of his mind loosening as the alcohol took effect.