6. Hunting

2 Weeks later

Sean went to check his traps again, they were all empty, this was the first time this had happened, though he expected this.

He didn't have a choice really, he had to chase away the hunters, preferably not kill them, so he didn't get hunted down by this planets police.

This day he expected the hunters to come, as he had noticed they had only come every 3 days, so he made up ideas on how to make them leave him alone.

He settled for taking away their guns and hurting them, hopefully that would scare them, and him taking the gun would make them not come back.

He prepared his wolf claw, anxiously waiting for the hunters to come on top of a tree, looking down from above.

He didn't wait for long, they came in around mid-day, so he got to work, throwing a rock to distract them before climbing down carefully.

He followed them for a while, waiting until they blew their whistle and hid badly, at which point he attacked.

The hunters were startled, Sean made sure of always staying away from a direct line of fire from the guns, he managed to take one of the guns away.

He pointed it at the hunters, who pointed back.

Sean didn't know how to trigger the gun.

Sean got shot in the right arm, leaving only his still casted, though mostly healed, arm to fight, which he used to attack the hunter.

The hunter shot again, but this time, he shot the other hunter, who dropped dead on the floor with a thud.

Sean managed to jump up and cut the hunter across the face and chest, missing his neck, they both saw the dark, blue and black blood.

The hunter grabbed Sean, trying to pin him to the ground while aiming his gun, then he shot.

Sean heard the hunter scream as he pulled his hand up, he shot through it, also leaving a wound on Sean's right delt, Sean slashed the claw again, feeling the dark blood go in his hand.

He got the hunters neck.

Sean fell back, exhausted and bleeding, not too badly, the bullets cauterized most of the wound, but still bleeding.

He almost crawled back to the secret sleeping area, before falling asleep with his hand on the entrance..

...

Sean woke up to an even worse pain, then to breath on his neck.

One of the wolf-like aliens got to him.

Sean jumped up, trying to get away, this made the wolf rip off a big chunk of his right shoulder off, leaving his arm hanging by a thread.

Sean ran as fast as possible, trying to escape the wolf-like, but running wasn't working, it was catching up.

In a moment of desperation, Sean took the claw he still had, and cut off the rest of his arm.

Sean left it on the floor and continued running, mindlessly looking for a safer place to go or hide.

His plan worked, the wolf-like stayed behind and left Sean alone, but he didn't know that, and kept running...

And running...

Eventually he ran face first into a metal fence, almost knocking himself out, he managed to recognize the building where he was captured.

He yelled at them; as he was fainting, he saw the guard, unarmored, come out quickly, before noticing him and yelling something.

Sean passed out.