19. Untangled hair

Sean's perspective:

He finally woke up again, feeling well rested under what felt like a weighted, heated blanket.

He then felt fur and realized that it was Tonuk's massive paw, which he then pushed off of him.

He looked over and saw that the alien had decided to sleep with him, which was a bit weird, even if this thing saw him as an animal.

He started thinking about that, realizing that maybe he could show these things that he knew a language by combining it with his.

Bassically, speak English, but switch words for Tonuk's language, maybe that could work finally.

But for now, he had to wait for Tonuk to wake up to show it that he could use language, so, he laid back down and stared at it for a while, bored, but a bit excited about testing his new plan.

He stayed there for a while, waiting, getting bored, eventually getting curious about Tonuk's, for some reason very warm, hand.

He moved over to it and started poking around it, there wasn't much new to find out, though he did notice that its fur was very thick, but still flexible.

He moved it and saw that it had two colors, the top was the brownish red, but the bottom half was completely black, with the skin being dark as well.

He continued playing around with Tonuk's fur, it felt kind of like a dog.

He eventually laid down again on his side, facing Tonuk, only to see the alien looking back at him with half closed eyes.

He was a bit surprised, but realized he should probably have expected this, it very obviously would have felt all that.

He sat back up and stared back at the creature, who then gave a slow blink and got out of the bed, walking over to the door.

Sean saw as Tonuk didn't leave, to his relief, instead grabbing a bag beside the door and walking back.

Sean remembered his plan, which he almost forgot about from how long he was waiting for and started talking.

He used a lot of gesturing and chatted about all that happened, using as many of Tonuk's words as he could.

Tonuk sat on the bed as Sean was talking, looking at him quietly.

It then spoke again, saying Oluntek once again, then leaving the room quickly and letting Sean try to figure out again how many words that was.

Though at least, Tonuk coming back with water kind of pointed to the phrase meaning either something like "Stay", "I'll be back" or "wait", but basically, he could use it as a word for "Stay" for Tonuk.

Tonuk handed him the water, which he took, waiting for it to say anything else, hoping that maybe it realized he could talk, though it quickly became clear it didn't.

Tonuk lightly nudged him off the bed, but he didn't want to get down, mostly from finally seeing the height he would have to fall down from.

Tonuk slowly picked him up again, quickly setting him down, though this didn't stop Sean from getting annoyed at the fact.

Tonuk guided him into a room he hadn't seen, with a gray couch, where Ri was sitting, scratching at a metallic rectangle, to Sean's confusion.

Tonuk then lead him to a new room, an almost completely white room with a mirror, a wooden cabinet, some cloths hanging up on wooden handrails and on the floor and some metal/gray structures poking out of the walls.

He looked back to Tonuk, who then closed a door, which appeared from inside the wall and then perfectly fit into the exit, leaving no evidence of it other than a black button next to it.