13. The mirror

Sean's perspective:

He was thinking of what had happened before, mainly on how weirdly excited the two aliens reacted to him eating, also on how hard it is to pronounce Tonuk's words, at least without sounding sick.

He finished eating the meat quickly, looking at the weird goo from before, as he remembered how Ri looked kind of dissapointed at the fact he didn't eat it.

He gave it a try, taking a bit with the tip of his finger, it tasted like potatoes, a taste that he missed a lot, remembering just how much he still missed Earth.

This only made him even more determined to show these aliens that he was sentient, preparing to listen very intently to Tonuk when they spoke.

He didn't have to wait for long for a chance to try to learn more words, as Tonuk came into the room slowly, making no noises at all.

He was surprised when Tonuk simply left a massive mirror in front of him and backed up, leaving Sean to see himself properly for the first time in a very long while.

First thing he saw was his missing arm, sighing and getting pretty sad at the sight, he tried distracting himself from it and looked at his face.

And he looked awful, well, except for his skin, it was surprisingly clean, probably from not eating sugar for so long, still, he had been able to feel his hair, as well as how it was kind of long and tangled, but he didnt expect it to be this bad.

He immediatly started trying to fix it, but it was too tangled, and though he managed to improve it a bit, he was going to have to somehow pull of a "Permanent bedhead" style for a while.

He sighed in defeat, putting his hand on his hip and looking at Tonuk, realizing that maybe this could help them see he was sentient.

He saw such a surprised face out of Tonuk, it was almost cartoonish, with an open mouth, wide eyes and completely silent.

Sean stared at Tonuk for a while, but after a couple seconds he waved to Tonuk, trying to get it to move again.

Tonuk finally reacted, closing its mouth and blinking away the surprise before leaving again.

Sean was hopefull, maybe this would make them see that he was smart.

Tonuk didn't come back again for a while, enough for Sean to finish the goo and get bored.

He passed the time cleaning up a bit, folding and making his bed/bean bag thing, organizing the dumbells and thats it, he really didn't have much of anything to clean.

Eventually, he started working out, but this was interrupted as Tonuk came back in unnanounced, startling Sean, but after calming down, he tried speaking to them again, only to be completely ignored yet again.

Tonuk stepped back, letting Ri come in first, they were carrying some weird object, it was a long stick with a base and a flat part at the top to the side, kind of like those stadium lights.

Ri silently put it in the room and messed around with it as Tonuk took out the mirror, eventually the lamp thing turned on, emitting a red light.

Ri pulled it lower to the ground, having it shrink down in size until it was at about shoulder height with itself.

Ri continued messing around with the lamp as Tonuk left, eventually coming back with some clothes, which they left on the floor.

Sean was kind of mad at the fact that Tonuk didnt speak at all, even Ri didn't talk a lot, only making a couple noises that Sean still had no hope of replicating.

They both left again, leaving Sean confused, but as he got closer to see what was going on with the lamp thing, he felt heat coming from it.

He massively appreciated this, soaking in the warmth he was always missing in this always cold planet, even if it was only really enough to feel normal.

After a good while of just feeling the warmth he took the clothes Tonuk left, there were two jumpsuits, (aka, pants and shirt together), one like the one Tonuk wore and a bigger, fluffier one, both were completely black.

He managed to put on a suit, which was an improvement from the barely surviving clothes he had on before, which looking at them now, were pretty damaged.

He continued enjoying the light warmth from the lamp as he waited for the new clothes to warm up.

Eventually he got curious and decided to check out the lamp more in depth, finding some buttons and levers.

He tried seeing if he could make the lamp even warmer, even if only a little bit.

He saw a lever that was partially moved, only about a thirds of what it could, but this maybe could be the one that controled the heat, so he pushed it.

The lamp did get hotter, so he turned up the heat up quite a bit, finally feeling completely warm for the first time in a while.

He fell asleep comfortable, with his limbs stretched out to soak up the warmth.

He enjoyed this for quite a while, feeling happy.

He woke up sweating heavily and overheating, so he went over to turn down the heat, but the lever wasn't moving.

He continued trying, but it wouldn't budge, so he moved away to cool down, but the air all around was also hot.

Starting to worry, he continued trying to figure out how to turn down the heat, the lever just wasn't moving.

Overheating even more, he started calling over for help, knocking on the door loudly.

He didn't get an answer for a while, but he managed to breathe cold air through the small space between the door and the floor, though this still wasn't very good at cooling him down.

Eventually, the two aliens finally came in, to Sean's relief, though this was quickly forgotten as he felt the freezing cold air hit him from the now open door.

He tried moving but he felt his sweat become cold immediately, as he slowly became dizzy, almost barfing a couple times.

He didn't even react to Tonuk and Ri picking him up and moving him around, as he was feeling awful.

When he came back to his senses, he was in another room, covered in a very fuzzy blanket.

He looked around, seeing that he was on top of a massive couch next to a table, where Tonuk was at, seemingly scratching at a tablet with its claw.

He noticed Ri holding him from behind, which made him seriously want to get away, but he was feeling very weak, plus he had a massive headache.

Upon feeling Sean move, Ri put its hand over Sean's head, pushing him down into the fluffy blanket, he groaned in protest, unable to do anything else, but fell back asleep against his will.