Chapter 13 - Incoming Newcomer

Several more days had passed and many miles were travelled roughly as her condition dwindled by the rise and set of the sun.

Lauren wretched, hunched on her hands and knees as she expelled bile from her stomach and the preserved peaches from that morning's breakfast. Fat tears blurred her vision and saliva strung from her dry lips. 

She felt as if her skin was burning and melting off, despite her shivers that said otherwise. Collapsing onto her side, her body trembled uncontrollably, her teeth chattered and sweat dampened her clammy skin. Hair stuck to her face uncomfortably. 

Megatron resided beside her and the watering-hole in a kneeling position. A grimace contorted his features as he watched the gross display before him. She was weak beyond her ailment and her condition deteriorated by the klik. She had died once before him, and now he was watching it in real time with no real way to combat it. 

They needed to move and soon as he needed to relay back to Soundwave promptly. 

The decepticon scooped up some water and poured it carefully over her face, ridding her of her own fluids and cooling her in the process. 

Lauren coughed her throat raw and spat, residing herself to rest her head against the moist sand. All energy and strength she may have had was robbed from her and all she wanted to do was sleep in an attempt at escape. 

Megatron took her into his palm. "We need to move, now, bug." His helm casted a shadow over her form and for that, she was thankful. 

"I c-can't-" A wheeze coupled with a wince cut her off unceremoniously. 

He snarled. "Quit your vocalizing." It wasn't a suggestion, but an order and she complied without fight. 

Retrieving his covering, he pulled it over his helm swiftly, obscuring his face. His transformation followed soon there after, bringing Lauren within himself and depositing her body onto the front seat of his cab. 

Lauren studied the interior and rested herself further into the plush seat coverings, taking in her respite from the harsh sun. Unconsciousness claimed her only minutes later. 

Megatron revved his engine as he crossed the plains with haste. 

"Soundwave, report." He hailed. 

"Soundwave reporting for duty, my lord." His tone was always flat and monotonous. 

"Mobilize all seeker troops, 22.9576° S, 18.4904° E immediately. Bring Scalpel." Despite the uneven terrain and rough ride, Lauren still didn't stir. 

"Scalpel resides with Blackout, mobilizing now." 

"You do me great honor, Soundwave." Megatron zeroed in on his given coordinates.

_______________

 Soundwave roared into the vastness of space as he ripped himself away from the human satellite with ease.

He'd waited long and patiently for this moment, his lord's orders. To see it come to fruition was a pleasure to him. 

"Seekers, mobilize effective immediately. 22.9576° S, 18.4904° E." He broadcasted to all troops across the planet, being sure to leave the frenzied Dreadbot-Berserker duo out of the equation, before tuning his frequency to fit that of his fellow decepticons. 

"Blackout to bring Scalpel to Lord Megatron, effective immediately." It had been a drawn out cycle since he regrouped and part of him was not looking forward to seeing familiar faces. 

"Affirm, Blackout incoming."

"Starscream reporting." 

Soudwave snarled when he heard the narcissistic seeker respond.