Chapter 5 - Filth

Soundwave sat idle among the human satellite, branded by the USA themselves. His optics were unblinking and motionless in favor of combing through human communications. Humans, so naive to think that their primitive technology was safe from the prying eyes of other lifeforms unknown.

Fools. The whole specie was small minded fools.

"Oh, I love you too! Y'know-"

"105.9! Sunny FM! Orlando-"

"I- I need help! He's not breathing-"

There was never anything of much importance for him to store and report back with, much to his disdain. Earthly problems and what not, he didn't care in the slightest for the dirt planet.

At least there were no pests in orbit, well, mostly none. Soundwave's optics drifted over slightly to look upon the spacecraft wreckage he'd wreaked havoc on. Pests no more, but their garbage and waste still remained. Humans were like a plague.

Time seemed to pass on endlessly from where he hovered, though his chronometer tracked every joor down to the very nano klik with ease.

Time was of the essence, as humans' said. And the decepticon had the upmost faith in their, his, leader. Dare he even say friend.

Megatron hadn't led them astray yet, and once everything was on track once more then greatness and prosperity would be there's, no matter what form it came in.

The communications officer tipped his helm down several degrees, his crimson optics studied the layers of Earths atmosphere as he rapidly sifted through all available frequencies that came through the satellite.

Decepticon activities had fallen barren, save for the occasional word here and there courtesy of the military (and Berserker). Autobot activities were also nonexistent, but that was the least of his worries.

They, their kind, were being hunted, despite whatever previous affiliations there were between the two species. He understood the near constant silence on his brethren's end, but he didn't have to like it.

More importantly, Soundwave was left in the dark when it came to the situation surrounding Lockdown and that made his processors heat in anger and agitation. He'd roar if only the sound would carry in space.

There was a solid chance the Quintessan belonging bot instructed human allies to cease all traceable communications. He was almost certain of it.

Clever bastard.

The officer continued his vigilant search as he lay in wait for Megatron's command.

_______________

The next day came quicker than expected. The days seemed to be flying off the calendar and disappearing.

Lauren pat her sides. Keys, phone, wallet. Check. It was that time in the week, grocery shopping, much to her dismay.

Should she tell Megatron she's leaving? She didn't know. I don't want to come home and he's blown something up... Fuck it. She'd give him that courtesy at least.

Lauren jogged over to the barn and poked her head in. "Hey, I'm going to go to the store, so-"

Megatron was on his feet fast for someone so big. It startled her slightly.

"You are not to leave, insect." He snarled.

She glared. "I need food. Just because you don't eat, doesn't me I don't."

"I am not the organic here." His tone was incredulous.

Lauren stepped fully into the barn. "I'm going grocery shopping!"

"By the pits, you will not leave the premises." He growled threateningly.

"You can't keep me a prisoner in my own home!"

"I shall keep you as whatever I'd like, girl! Do not disobey!" He slammed his claw into the dirt beside her, bringing himself to her general level as if to further his intimidation.

"First I'm a bug, now I'm a prisoner? What else am I?!" She gestured wildly. "Go on! Tell me!"

He pulled his claws from the dirt and stood to height. "A pet."

She sputtered, forgetting her voice for a moment in exasperation. "A pet?!" Lauren was lost for words, her eyes blown wide.

"Did you not hear me, girl? Or are you dumb too?"

"You're an ASS!" The brunette bit, taking a step forward with purpose.

Megatron gave out a low roar that was still loud by human standards. Lauren screamed back at him before storming out.

She didn't end up grocery shopping.