Enough To Catch Your Eyes

“Now, it's time to be the beta partner for the night. You can do it.” Fay encouraged and walked out of the room with the other ladies after giving them an assuring smile.
I stared at myself in the mirror, my heart in a bliss that I had never remembered feeling in a decade.
I was dressed in an openwork high-neck body-con long-sleeved lace dress that fell just above my knees. My silver hair fell to my back.
Fay mentioned that I was an exquisite beauty, so there was no need to go with the exaggeration of much makeup, so they went with minimal makeup. Nevertheless, looking at my gorgeous self, I couldn't contain a smile.
My eyes lowered with hatred upon remembering the bitter memories in the red flame pack.
One day, I'm going to get each of them solved. I'll make sure of it. I clenched my fist hard and tried not to bite my lower lip.
'We looked so hot; our mate will fall over us tonight.' Maia giggled.
I snorted, 'In your dream. I won't give him a chance to touch us. Even if…' I retorted while staring at myself with a smile. I enjoyed this so much; it feels like a second, real self.
'Filippa…'
'He's in love with his partner; why would I allow such a man to touch us?' I explained, and she fell silent.
'Does that mean we'll be losing our mate?' Maia whispered, on the verge of crying.
I understand that Maia had been pulling a strong front and was yearning for her mate, the better half of her; she believes there's hope for Oswald and us, but hearing me shatter the illusion wakes her up.
'Maia. He doesn't know our worth. We need to move on, especially if we want to stay here in the meantime.' I conveyed this in a patient and comforting tone while trying not to wince at the thought of an incoming rejection.
'I understand. Let's leave. We're not having a party in the room.' She whispered, which made me chuckle.
I stood up from the chair, my whole curve and tan beauty highlighted by the clothes.
I smiled while thanking the moon goddess for not making me look malnourished despite all I'd passed through.
“I'm going to the party,” I whispered to myself in the mirror.
I'll be going to the party to have fun that I've never had before. Yes, except for cleaning the red flame pack and being responsible for cooking, I wasn't allowed to attend the parties. That's how pathetic my life was. And it made me wonder how they're coping.
I can imagine the pack being the opposite of what I left it.
“I can do it. Filippa, you can do it.” I took a deep breath, held my head high, and rechecked the manners I was taught before stepping out of the room, catwalking elegantly as Fay taught me.
Upon arriving in the living room, I saw Beta Wyatt, in a black tailor-made suit, sitting majestically on one of the sofas. His black hair was neatly slicked back. His handsome and peerless face was cold and blank.
Just the sight of his handsome image sent my heart racing. I raised my hand toward my chest, which my heart was pounding against abnormally.
I couldn't understand why I was beginning to hold a torch for Beta Wyatt. I have a mate who's yet to reject me; why is such an emotion blooming within me?
Although I tried to stop the memory from recurring, somehow the scene of Wyatt's lips and mine meeting the night before kept running through my mind, which made me blush.
Beta Wyatt's eyes narrowed when our eyes met; an incomprehensible glint flickered past his eyes, but it disappeared immediately before I could make sense of it.
I walked toward him, my hand at my side and my head held high, following my princess training and refusing the shyness that wanted to engulf me due to Beta Wyatt's intense gaze.
“Here I am, Beta Wyatt.” I bowed to Beta Wyatt slightly and stopped right in front of him, our eyes staring at each other.
Somehow, I longed to hear him praise my beauty, but he only looked at me from head to toe with a playful gaze.
Hearing no praise from him, I couldn't help the childish pout that emanated.
I lowered my head, inwardly blaming myself. I guess I was in too much of a rush and forgot the cold relationship between the two of…
A hand suddenly landed on my head and said, “Call me Wyatt.” Wyatt spoke in a husky voice and with an intense gaze, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down.
“Huh?”
Wyatt's hand was gently removed from my head after he patted it twice; instead, he lifted my hand and placed a tender kiss on it. “You look beautiful, Maia.” He praised me, and I could feel warmth spreading through my face.
My ears and face must be red by now.
'Did you hear what he said? He said I'm beautiful.' Maia squealed and screamed in happiness.
'No wolf. He's talking about me.' I retorted, and she scoffed at me. 'Who's Maia?'
Suddenly, Beta Wyatt's hand wrapped around my waist, and he brought me closer to him. My hands fell on his strong chest, and my heart was pounding.
“You longed to hear that, didn't you?” He asked with a playful smirk, which sent my heart tripping.
Why does Beta Wyatt seem more like a playboy with that playful smirk of his? Why does he look different from his cold self? Anyway, the two sides of him are making my heart beat crazy.
His hands pulled a strand of hair behind my ears. “Beautiful Maia.” He whispered again. Damn, why is he so hot? Why does his voice send a thrill down my spine? Why does Maia's name sound so sexy rolling out of his mouth? It made me long to hear him say my name.
So bad, he's not mine.
“You're handsome also,” I replied in a low voice, and he smirked.
“Enough to catch your eye?” He asked, and I could only look him in the eyes with surprise and curiosity. What did he mean?
Unfortunately for me, he didn't clarify his words; instead, Wyatt held out his hand.
Naturally, he grabbed mine and held it in his hand, “Shall we?” He asked me.
I snapped out of it and nodded. “Yes.”
Holding hands together, Beta Wyatt and I left for the event hall that was used to hold ceremonies.
I couldn't help thinking of what Alpha Oswald would do if he saw Beta Wyatt and me together. Would he kick me out for real? I don't think he will, since Beta Wyatt has assured me.
I expected the party to be held in the packground, but Beta Wyatt told me the packground is used for different functions, so the celebration will be held in the pack event hall.
People were coming in and out dressed in extravagant clothing, and whenever they came across Beta Wyatt and me, they'd bow to him while giving the both of us a shocked and probing gaze, which we ignored.
The Red Flame Event Hall is an expansive and luxurious hall that harmonizes ancient and modern concepts, exhibiting how much of a history enthusiast and preserver the pack is.
It has a high and detailed oak ceiling, an elegant and glittering chandelier, a sophisticated floor-length window, expansive pillars, detailed historical carvings, and beautiful views of a garden, providing a luxurious backdrop.
The soft piano instrumental being played by one of the members caressed my ear, and the fresh smell of flowers, earth, and rain drifted down my nose.
The sophistication and gorgeousness stole my breath away, and I could only let out a gasp. “This is so beautiful,” I whispered as we entered hand in hand, and he nodded.
There was a heavy silence at the entrance for Wyatt and me. It was so heavy that even a pin drop would have been heard had it fallen right at that minute.
Suddenly, a certain pressure wrapped around me, making my heart race.

(A/N: It's currently free on Goodnovel. With chapter 60+)