Chapter 19: Explanations

"Did you really think that I was going to hurt you?" Ace asked with shock and I shook while taking a few steps backwards. He ran his hand in his hair and walked slowly towards me. "Angel, I would never hurt you" he said in disbelief. My breathing was quickening and I could feel my eyes blurring. I knew that I was having a panic attack. "Angel" Ace called with concerned. I didn't want to feel weak in front of him, so I ran. I ran away. I knew that he was following me as I could hear his steps. I stopped and turned to look at him.

"Please, let me go" I pleaded and he looked at me helplessly. With that, I started running away. Thank god I'm used to running as my house was a bit far. As I ran I took deep breaths as I knew that it would calm me down. My phone vibrated in my pocket making me stop. I took the phone and sighed when I saw the caller. "What do you want?" I questioned harshly and I could hear him sigh. 

"Angel, that's the best thing that I did" Josh explained. "I could see that the guy was taking an important place in your life and I thought it would be best if he knew your weaknesses" he explained and I sighed as I knew that he was right.

"I don't know what to do" I groaned and started walking as I reached the street on which I live.

"Try to stop" he sighed and I closed my eyes.

"I tried! But whenever I'm confronted to some emotional issues, it's the only thing that can really calm me" I explained and he stayed silent for a few seconds.

"You know what? I'm coming over" he informed and I did smile. "We need to talk over it" he said and I nodded then I slapped myself when I realized that I nodded on the phone. "You just nodded on the phone, right?" he questioned.

"Yeah, I did" I answered and he chuckled. "I'm going to send you my address and wait for you" I informed him before ending the call. I walked to my house and I stopped when I saw Ace sitting on my porch. He had his hands on his face. Damn, I'll have to face him. I walked slowly to my porch and once he heard my steps, he rose his head. What he did next was really surprising. He stood up and engulfed me in a tight hug.

"Next time, don't fucking run away" he ordered and tightened his arms around me. 

"Ace, I'm fine" I said with a little smile. He pulled away and wore a frown on his face which made him look so adorable.

"I'm sorry but I really need some fucking explanation" he sighed. I walked to my door and unlocked it then motioned him to walk in. Once he did, I followed behind, locking the door.

"Josh is coming in a few minutes" I informed and made my way to the kitchen. He groaned and followed me.

"Who is he?" he asked and sat on the counter looking at me.

"My gym buddy and my best friend" I explained and opened the refrigerator to take out a bottle of water.

"Do you- uh- Do you happen to like him?" he asked. I nearly spat out my water.

"He's like my brother" I exclaimed. He smiled then pulled my bottle from my hand. He took a gulp and gave me back the bottle. I was going to slap him on his arm when the knocking on the door stopped me. "He's here" I mumbled to myself and walked to the door. Josh stood there wearing his usual leather jacket. "Come in" I said. He whistled when he walked in.

"Damn, I would kill to live here" he whispered. I pushed him to the kitchen. Ace didn't even acknowledged his presence. "So I'm here because we really need to talk about all this" he said and sat on the chair.

"Okay" I mumbled while sitting on the chair so that I was facing both guys.

"I think you need to start from the beginning" Ace said with a sigh and Josh nodded even though he knew everything.