Chapter 28: You're mine now

I turned with a smile on my face to see a dumbstruck Mrs Carter and a proud looking Rachel. Daniel whistled in amazement and I blushed a bit. Ace was looking at me with a frown and I stared at me in confusion.

"You've got an amazing voice" Mrs Carter complimented.

"You keep impressing me each time you sing" Rachel said and winked.

"Amazing" Daniel simply said an amazement.

"I want to kiss you again" Ace said making my jaw dropped open and Alex gasped while Rachel, Daniel and Mrs Carter burst out laughing. Ace said that so seriously that I was unable to say whether it was a joke or not.

"You kissed her?" Alex asked in surprise and I blushed at his words. Ace turned to look at his little brother and nodded.

"Let's go for a walk" Ace said and without waiting for my answer, stood up and took my hand in his. I followed him out of the door and we heard Mrs Carter asking us 'Not to do some funny business'. We walked down the street, hand in hand and we were staring at the ground as we kept on walking.

"so?" I questioned awkwardly and he turned to look at me.

"I heard you talking with my mother" he said and I took a deep breath. "I know you were probably asking yourself why I didn't told you about my dad, right?" he asked and I nodded. "I hate to think of my father. He was a great man but when he was alive, I always treated him like shit" he said with regret. "I was always an ass to him" he said. "When we started to get along, a week later, he had to die" he said with anger, frustration and regret. "I had to forget everything that I did. And the only was to get my frustration out" he explained.

"And girls were a way to forget it" I concluded. He nodded and brought my hand to his mouth. He kissed my knuckles and stared at me.

"They were" he said and I smiled. "Now, I think you are" my heart melted at his words. "Angel, I'm nowhere near your ex. I would never hurt you" he said and I believe his words.

"I know" I whispered while looking at his beautiful deep eyes. He smiled and tilted his head a little bit and stared at me as if I was one of the world's seven wonders.

"Then what are you afraid of?" he questioned with a little frown now plastered on his face. I took a deep breath and stared at our interlinked fingers.

"I'm afraid to be broken again. I'm afraid to love someone, who, in the end, will leave me" I told him, not daring myself to look at him. "I'm scared to be in a relationship and in the end, I end up broken" I admitted. I felt his hand under my chin and he lifted it gently so that our eyes were now boring in each others.

"Damn Angel" he breathed out. "I would never hurt you physically" he cleared. "That, I promise you" he said. "That guy was an asshole" he pointed out. "I will do my best to keep you. The idea of a relationship scares me too because It's the first time that I'm willing to do it" he joked and I smiled. "But I'll do my best to be a perfect boyfriend" he said and my eyes went wide open.

"W-what?" I stuttered. Did he really say that?

"Angel Harper, will you be my girlfriend?" Ace asked and my heart beat sped. "Please?" he asked and I chuckled at how childish he sounded. I knew that I wanted more than friendship from him. I just need to learn to take some risk.

"Yes" I whispered and a smile grew on his face.

"I thought you were going to reject me" he admitted and I smirked.

"Then why ask?" I teased and he shrugged.

"We need to take some risk in life" he said and I chuckled as I was thinking of the same thing. "And also because I wanted to call you mine" he whispered and I bit my lips to stop myself from squealing to whatever he was telling me. "Don't do that" he ordered and I stared at him in confusion.