𝖯𝖱𝖮𝖫𝖮𝖦𝖴𝖤

🫧⋆。 °✩

prologue

prologue. six-year-old iwaizumi hajime was a beacon of charm, a trait he undoubtedly inherited from his parents, who were esteemed figures in their community.

reserved for their success and amiable personas, the iwaizumi family's presence cast a warm glow over their surroundings. this radiance extended to their son, hajime, whose inherently kind nature mirrored that of his beloved parents.

yet, the light of his endearing qualities cast a shadow over his time in kindergarten. unbeknownst to him, the preferential treatment he received from teachers and parents elicited jealousy among other kids, leading to an unspoken exclusion that left him feeling alone.

noticing their son's solitude, his parents were filled with an overwhelming sense of empathy. so, when fate intervened and a high-school friend of iwaizumi's mother moved into their neighborhood with her two children, it sparked an idea.

what better way to alleviate their son's loneliness than to orchestrate an opportunity for him to forge connections with new friends?

"hello there, little guy!" exclaimed the unfamiliar woman as she stepped into the iwaizumi residence. standing by his mother's side, iwaizumi responded graciously, "welcome to miyagi, auntie."

"you look so much like your mother." the woman remarked, gently pinching iwaizumi's cheeks. chuckling softly, his mother agreed, "he gets that a lot."

intrigued by the absence of the other children, iwaizumi probed, eager to meet his potential companions. shyness gave way to a delightful introduction as oikawa tooru, a boy of the same age, timidly emerged.

"do you like volleyball?" inquired tooru, to which iwaizumi responded with an enthusiastic nod, "i love it. let's go play in our backyard!" iwaizumi exclaimed.

however, the unity of this connection was momentarily interrupted as oikawa's mother insisted that her shy daughter, oikawa mayu, accompany them. "but why!?" oikawa whined, not wanting his sister to join them.

iwaizumi's surprise at discovering oikawa's sister prompted him to extend a gentle invitation to the reticent girl, ultimately persuading her into joining their volleyball game.

"h-hi, nice to meet you." she murmured. with an innate warmth and understanding beyond his years, iwaizumi reached out to mayu, helping her traverse the barriers of shyness.

"nice to meet you, mayu. let's go play!" he encouraged, offering his hand to the hesitant girl. despite her initial reluctance, she tentatively accepted iwaizumi's offer, joining the budding friendship that was slowly forming among the trio.