27 - Christmas Deco

DIVINE'S POV

"It's TIME!!!" Was the first thing I heard from Mariah Carey's voice, coming through my dad's radio when I walked downstairs. It's not a surprise that she'd be going unfrozen again after the ten months of waiting for christmas.

There were boxes scattered everywhere throughout the living room yet, there were no people inside.

I kicked the box close to me and I heard ruffling noises, so I decided to open it. My heart stopped when I saw a horrified-looking like snakes. It scared me but I also calmed down once I realized it was soft colorful christmas garlands for the decorations.

Mostly it was red, green and blue that were available in the boxes. I pushed the box aside and and I decided to pull an another box. When I opened the lid, it was filled with different kinds of christmas ornaments.

Yes, they are balls. I thought to myself with a wide grin. What's so special about balls anyway?

With each different kind of christmas designs would make this mansion flawless.

To be honest I've never imagined celebrating christmas, especially with my family. I've heard it from my other mother as many times but never thought of celebrating it before.

I can't even imagine how it would turn out at the twenty fifth of December. What will happen? What will we celebrate? Of course it's Christmas, stoopid.

I heard footsteps from behind and I look at my back to see mother. I ran towards her with a wide smile before wrapping my arms at her waist. Unsurprisingly am that small to hug my pretty mother's waist and I think I should be sleeping more.

"Hi dear." Mama greeted me with a soft, morning voice. Well, when I wake up, my voice is like a monster when I speak.

"Morning mom!" I greeted her cheerfully, my hands wrapping around her arms then pulling her to the couch. I helped her sit down at the enlarged sofa and sat beside her.

Her eyes darted to the boxes and she turned her head towards me again. "Did you open the boxes already?"

I'm not sure if those were meant to be a surprise so that we could start designing the rooms but I didn't want to lie so I nodded my head. "Yes! The looking a-like snakes scared me." I mentally shivered as if showing my goosebumps to her.

I didn't and still don't like snakes because some of them are venomous. It's like, the memories of me being eaten by a huge snake in my dream once had came back to me all over again.

But then again, mama only laughed about it and my voice screeched in air mentally, and not physically. "There there mia cara. You're okay and me and your family are here to protect you." Her arms slid at my body and pulled me close so that we can hug each other.

"Why don't you help me decorate the room and halls for christmas with the other guards?" I felt a spark on my eyes and I instantly nodded my head.

This would be the best but yet, would be tiring that I've ever done. Well, the past is an exception so let's forget about that.

Mama smiled before lifting me up at the air and slowly putting me down at the floor. "Let's start now, shall we? I'll call some of the guards so that they could have some things to do than just stand and guard this gigantic house of ours."

She left me alone at the longue area. After a boring ten minutes, she was back with fifty guards.

I murmured nonsense to myself and looked down at the floor. Is that even a few guards?

"Mama, you're not joking about the sentence 'a few guards', right?" I chuckled nervously and she only kept a smile. Well, that shucks.

I heard her hands clap three times and I raised my eyebrows. "Chop chop! Get the decorations ready! I'll have to split you all up to two!"

"Yes ma'am!" They all shouted once and stood straight. Mom looked at them with confusion before gently slapping her face with her palm.

"I don't even look like Romeo nor Dante." I almost let out a stifled laugh but I kept myself in a composure state.

Their faces slowly turned red and  therefore all of them felt mortified. The second-hand embarrassment triggered my senses and I didn't have the guts to move in my place.

It was tense once again.

☆☆☆

I was paired up with a guard that I thought was scary and Intimidating but they were actually a softie.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting to be in this awkward position but he is a nice guy. Wait, did I make an another oldie friend?

"What's your name again?" I asked him with a grinning smile. He chuckled as he grabs a big, yellow star for the very top of the christmas tree. My mother said that the star would be automatically glowing at evening, especially the day of the upcoming christmas party. It'd be a fun sight for our whole family to see it glow lively.

The guard handled the large star to me and spoke with a gentle tone. "My name? It's Sam. Nice to finally spend time with you, kid." He held out his hand and I grabbed it, furiously shaking on it. He didn't mind the silly handshake as he only laughed.

"You're a good one." Mister Sam stroked the soft locks of my silky medium, then pulling it away from my head. The warm expression on his face tells me that I can trust him. Not even my whole family have the certainty to their assigned partollers.

I slid up my other hand to my hips. "We'll have to place the garniture at the top of the christmas tree." He pointed the star that I was holding. Our heads synchronized together to our side when an another guard decided to speak.

"Let's give her a chance to be the one who puts the star. However, we'll have to carry her to the top and if she falls we'll have our heads cut off in any minute her brothers come in here." Mister Sam and I were quiet as the jellyfishes and my shoulders shake in a shrug.

"If they do that then I'll hunt them down as a ghost. They'll be living a true nightmare." I heard a few chuckles across the room from the other guards.

"She sure is a bold one—in a good way!" The crowd of guard erupted into small but wild laughters and I felt embarrassed once again, for the second time this day.

"Oh please stop..." I mumbled to myself and his hand caressed the back of my body to give me some comfort. It definitely worked.

"Let's go fly you up to the air." Mister Sam grinned widely and my face had a bit of a mischievous look. I didn't know why I had that kind of feeling to break a rule but it's just me being me. And besides, I wouldn't get hurt from being up at the air being carried by gigantic muscled men.

☆☆☆

We only got to decorate the longue, entrance and a few halls at the first floor leading to different kinds of first floored-rooms. Dining rooms were half-away to be completed. It was tough to imagine that we'd spent five hours on this one.

I woke up six in the morning and it was already eleven. I haven't eaten breakfast and I don't even know where the smack my father and older brothers are.

Miss Eleanor and the other chefs cooked lunch for us and it was really delicious that I almost gave my whole life to her just to have their infinity foods.

I love foods in christmas.