Ch 3: Treason

In all fairness to the Uchiha clan they at the very least can pump out some decent shinobi each generation so that they can keep their standing among the noble clans.

It's just too bad that those strong members either get killed young, become traitors or murder each other. Or maybe that's not so bad, less people actually strong enough to kill her and all that.

As of the moment Itachi is their newest little murder machine. Ironic since the kids a pacifist, well, as much you can be when blood is already on your hands.

She knows that he's never fully forgives Fugaku for that.

"I'm graduating." The boy announces.

"That's great Itachi, well done."

"Hn, you are my son after all."

"Don't die."

They all turn to her in disbelief. She doesn't know why, that's the best thing she could wish for him.

"I meant good job."

Isn't he still a toddler? Who the hell let him graduate so early? It isn't war anymore, or at least not officially.

At least she knows it probably isn't Shimura this time, old coot doesn't want any of them on the field. He even supported her leave. She still didn't get it though.

...

"So, you'll be looking after my brother." Shirin eyes Shisui before nodding. "I think you'll do a good job."

"Thank you, Lady Shirin." The boy smiled towards her.

Gosh, he was just like Obito, always smiling like he wasn't genetically predestined to be angsty.

Oh no, that means this includes her. Maybe Kushina had a point in calling her her angsty apprentice.

Damn it.

...

"Hey there, Shirin!" Taro waved her over with a massive grin on his face.

Was it too late to go back home and hide under her bed?

"How you doing Taro?"

"Great actually! I got you a little gift."

Oh no.

"What is it?" She asks with oncoming dread.

"I signed us up for the Jonin exams!"

Shirin was going to strangle him.

"W-wait! Before you murder me there is something I gotta tell you!"

"Make it quick Taro." She demanded through gritted teeth.

"If you become Jonin your clan can't force you to stay in the shinobi forces."

Oh.

Thank god.

"Taro, have I ever told you how much I love you?"

He grinned. "Not nearly enough."

...

The Jonin exams are not that different from the chunin exams. The only real difference is that the competitors may by a little older and need at least a year of field experience to enter. On the bright side you can still have a team so Sumei decided to tag along.

"Father said that should I become jonin he'll reconsider who his heir shall be." Sumei informs the two of them as they pack.

Well, a twelve year old Jonin is quite impressive after all.