Ch 8: The many deaths we suffer

Did you know that a snowflake actually has a pattern? It took her a disgustingly long time to find that out.

Also, her nails were chipped. Thanks a lot for that Hidan.

"Deidara, Sasori." Pein's voice echoed through his hologram. "Everything has been prepared, can I trust you to bring in the Ichibi?"

He shouldn't trust them to take a walk alone, never mind something like this.

"Of course, Lord Pein." Sasori's mechanical voice replied. "My agent has already given us the necessary information for the attack."

Drowning the voices out Shirin looks around her room for something to occupy her. That sake is looking rather tempting right now...

"And Kisame, Shirin." Pein directs his attention to the two of them. "Should we require guards for the extraction you will be the ones to send the clones."

Aw damn.

"Why can't you just have Kakazu and Hidan do it?" She wined, pointing to the two.

Hidan sticks his tongue out towards her.

"Because Kisame has one of the largest reserves and you are his partner." The redhead explains.

So this was Kisame's fault.

Glaring at the shark-man Shirin suddenly felt extremely betrayed.

Kisame felt incredibly wronged as his partner glared at him to the point that he could feel a burning sensation in his head, as though someone where trying to make him explode.

Considering a Uchiha was his partner that was a very deadly possibility.

"Don't blame me." He grumbles, glaring back to the woman. "It's not my fault I've got a lot of chakra."

The thing was, Shirin really didn't care.

...

"A group has indeed arrived to rescue the Jinchuriki." Zetsu informs them. "The man in charge is Matio Gai."

Wait, he's...

"...that one kid who got me caught hiding in a bush when I was younger?"

Deidara turns to her. "What the hell, Shirin?"

"That is in no way normal. What had possessed you to do such a thing?" Sasori agrees with his partner, which is really scary.

Gaara screams echo across the cave. Poor kid, Shirin really doesn't envy him.

"Well," the Uchiha starts, "it was the first day of the academy and--"

"AHHHH!"

"I really didn't wanna go so I hid in a bush." She continues, undeterred by the screaming. "At least I think that's what it was."

Maybe she was hiding in a tree instead.

Kisame glared at her. "You also fought him when we infiltrated Konoha."

Did she?

"No, I'm certain he wasn't there."

"You didn't fight him directly but he was there." Zetsu butts in. "He was the one to rush Uchiha Itachi to the hospital."

Shirin scratched her cheek sheepishly. "Then we probably didn't part on good terms."

"You think?"

Hey Kisame, shut the hell up would ya?

"Kisame shall go then. If more reinforcements arrive Shirin will follow." Pein announced before cutting the holograms.

He definitely didn't want to deal with the longer than he had to.