CH : 7 - Meeting and greeting - Cloud recesses arc (part 4)

That shitahh!

He actually went through with what he said about introducing me to Jiang Cheng.

I'm currently standing in front of Jiang Cheng with Wei Wuxian talking and introducing us to each other.

I honestly already knew everything that he was telling me about JiangCheng. But it doesn't hurt to listen again does it?

"And this is Ya Meiying, the girl who called Wen Chao a dog. Also, don't be fooled by her facade. She is hella two-faced."

"Hey! You can't say that about a  person when you're introducing them!"

Wei Wuxian didn't pay me any mind and just smiled lightly while saying :

"I'm going to annoy Lan clan members. Have fun on your own!"

He said the last part while running.

Oh no, he didn't just leave me with my crush! I'm so going to kill him! Just you wait.

Wait, I'm alone with Jiang Cheng now. Act cool! Act cool!

Yeah, no. It didn't work.

"So what do you like to do?"

I heard him say. I was surprised, to say the least.

"I mean, it's obvious that Wei Wuxian won't leave neither of us alone until we do as he wants. So what do you want to do?" He continued.

I didn't know what to decide so I just said that we could sit by some river and talk. Surprisingly, he agreed easily to that.

_______________________________________

At the river

Me and Jiang Cheng reached the river in a short while. We sat down to talk.

I felt it was a bit awkward.

Turns out that starting a conversation with Jiang Cheng was as hard a challenge as to find the source of Wei Wuxians' shamelessness.

I had to wait for him to strike a conversation and start talking to me.

It took a while....

And the a little longer while.....

And another while....

In the end, he didn't say anything and just sat by the river till the sun set.

Even though it was awkward in the beginning, the awkward silence had turned into a comfortable one.

I would have preferred to chat with him for a whole time but simply sitting there in silence made me comfortable.

As if he was enjoying his time with me.

But in silence.

Extreme silence.

_______________________________________

We are in big trouble!

It's way past curfew, and we are still outside!

Both me and Jiang Cheng separated after reaching the point where the corridors to the male and female rooms separate.

Unfortunately! I met a few Lan clan cultivators who were on patrol.

I hid as much as I could from them and I am currently two doors away from my room.

As soon as they turned their back to me, I ran as fast as I could without letting anyone notice me.

Thinking of my high cultivation, no one should have discovered me.

But ... ya'know, you don't really think of cultivation and spiritual energy first in an emergency when you were born and raised on earth.

So back to what I was saying. They felt the wind shift around them and caught me redhanded.

"You there! Stop right now. It's late after curfew, yet you're outside. This is a clear violation of the clan rules." Said one of the Lan clan cultivators.

Without showing it, I answered in my head 'Oh, you think?!'

Despite my inner thoughts, I stopped.

They could kick me out as punishment otherwise, and im not taking any risks.

As the cultivators saw me stop when they told me to they let their guard down a little.

I walked slowly but surely to stand in front of them, and instead of them taking me to their great hall to get punished, they simply looked at me as if they were spacing out.

"Excuse me? Aren't you going to take me to the great hall for punishment?" I asked.

It seems that my words snapped them back to reality because they apologized to me and took me to get my punishment.

_______________________________________

It was very easy not to get punished, honestly.

I just had to put on some puppy eyes and say to Lan Qiren that I would never break the rules again.

With a little convincing from me, he finally gave in. But he made me promise not to break the rules again, and I obliged.

After the whole drama had ended, I went back to my room to get some sleep.