𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐈𝐗

▔▔▔▔✩"ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ"

▔▔▔▔✩
"ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ"

Alana's gaze remained fixed on the laptop screen as she watched the news videos from the night everything unfolded. She vividly remembered her conversation with them, which had led to her breaking down in tears. They bombarded her with numerous questions, trying to insinuate that she had orchestrated the whole thing.

The news had a peculiar way of presenting things, and Alana only realized this once she found herself caught up in the story. Since Derrick's family had stopped updating her on the case, she took it upon herself to investigate further. She meticulously examined Derrick's social media presence, going through his followers on every platform.

To her surprise, she discovered that he had been involved in conflicts with several individuals, particularly someone near 64th and 65th streets. Alana had always known that there were people who harbored ill feelings toward Derrick due to his background, but she had no idea that he was entangled in anything serious.

She had pleaded with him to stop involving himself in illegal activities on the streets, and he had assured her that he had done so. However, she had recently discovered that their entire relationship had been built on a lie.

Every night he would disappear, either to sell drugs or engage in stupid activities with his 'homeboys'. Despite her extensive research, she couldn't find anyone who had a reason to harm Derrick.

She had been sitting in front of her computer screen for three hours straight, fully determined to continue until she found a lead or some kind of information.

She attempted to guess Derrick's password multiple times, hoping that his account wouldn't get locked.

After about thirty minutes, she managed to access it. "Finally," she exclaimed.

Alana had never been interested in social media, and she and Derrick didn't follow each other. She never bothered because she believed he didn't post anything significant.

She checked his highlights and discovered that the night before he died, he had attended a party. "Hmm," she murmured before delving deeper into her investigation.

Looking on the outside in she probably looked crazy, but she probably was damn near that ever since she lost the person she loved most.

"Who the hell is grandson?" She squinted seeing Derrick had posted something.

'Grandson gettin popped too on my life 🔫🩸'
With a black screen, Alana shut the laptop before she opened her phone.

"Grandson Grandson, where the fuck have I heard that?" She placed her finger onto her glossed lips.

▔▔▔▔✩
Alana had to a breather since she had been on the investigation since four in the morning.

It was now eleven and she had a client in less then a couple hours, she sat on the stool by her island staring at nothing while she practically devoured her bagel.

She hadn't talked to Von and she was likely starting to miss him, she'd get irritated when she wasn't around him.

Weird right?

He made her smile even when he wasn't trying, he was sexy and had a good personality too. And his income was great.

He was a little too perfect.

After finishing the bagel she licked the cream cheese clean off her thumb before getting up to wash it off.

He hadn't called her since their small talk when he got mad because she couldn't come see him, she had tried to text him but he had been ignoring her.

That tugged on her heart just a bit, she hated getting ignored Derrick it most of their relationship.

She wouldn't bother to try again, she didn't want to feel like a burden to someone.

Grabbing a paper towel to dry her now wet hands she glanced out of the blinds above her sink, the sun was out but the weather channel said it would be windy and gloop today.

▔▔▔▔✩
Alana stepped foot in the salon waving at everyone before taking a glance at the tv seeing no other then King Von was playing on the tv.

'Grandson for president' she mumbled as she seen the title of the music video. "What does that mean? Grandson?" She asked.

A younger girl spoke up. "Grandson? That's one of the names people call him round here. I thought you would know since yall so close and all."

Alana shook her head as she continued to listen to the words. "Gdk..."

"Oh my fucking God!" Alana shouted in realization getting a few stares afterwards.