13

NEXT MORNING:

Sharon was sitting on the bed with a dull face. She was done with her morning chores and had had her breakfast which was spinach and broccoli soup along with orange juice. She was waiting for Dr. Ju to give her the medicines. Just then, Dr. Ju entered her room along with Dr. V and Nurse Rosy. Rosy also had a tray in her hand which she kept on the table.

Dr. Ju: (moving towards the tray) Come on Sharon, lay down on your stomach quickly.
Sh: (in a confused and a bit terrified tone) Wh… why? I… I mean, won’t you give me my medicines to eat?

All of them, except Sharon, chuckled at that.

Dr. Ju: My dear Sharon, you will be three doses of medicines in a day of which only your afternoon dose includes an oral medicine. Rest all are injectables. So lay down quickly now.
Sh: No… I want oral medicines only… No injections… I won’t take them…
Dr. Ju: (preparing the shots) I didn’t give you a choice, Sharon. You are getting injections, and you are going to take them. Now lay down quickly. As it is, these are antibiotics, which will take time to inject.
.
A pit had already formed in her stomach seeing the size of the needles. Sharon was not at all ready to take them, so she tried to get up from the bed, but was immediately held down by Rosy and Dr. V. They forcefully turned her, ignoring her shouts and laid her on her stomach

 They forcefully turned her, ignoring her shouts and laid her on her stomach

. Dr. Ju came with 3 shots and lifted her gown.

Dr. Ju first pressed some parts of her right butt to find a spot to inject. Once found, she rubbed the alcohol wipe and inserted the needle deep inside, causing Sharon to scream loudly. Her screams increased as Dr. Ju started to push the medicine. After a minute, she removed the needle and started rubbing the spot roughly. Then she took the second alcohol wipe and rubbed it a little below the first spot.

Sh: (crying heavily) No Dr… please no more… the first one is paining a lot already…
Dr. Ju: Shut up, Sharon… you are taking these doses… they are important for your health.

Saying this, she inserted the needle deep inside and started injecting the medicine. Sharon tried to thrash her limbs but couldn’t, due to the tight hold of Dr. V and Rosy. She tried to wiggle, but gasped on getting a quick, hard swat on her other butt from Dr. Ju.

Dr. Ju: (sternly) Don’t move.
Once the full medicine was injected, she removed the needle and rubbed the spot. Sharon breathed in relief while crying but gasped feeling her left butt being pressed at different spots.
Sh: (whining) No… please not any more…

Dr. Ju ignored her and wiped a spot on her left butt. Soon she inserted the needle of the third syringe and started injecting the medicine. Sharon was gasping for breaths by now. Once done, Dr. Ju removed the needle and rubbed the spot. Then she bandaged all the 3 spots and Dr. V and Rosy released her causing Sharon to curl up into a ball. Others left the room and she fell asleep in exhaustion.

AFTERNOON:

Sharon was lying on her bed in the ward. She had had her lunch and was told by Rosy to stay awake as Dr. Ju and Dr. V were going to bring her medicines. She was terrified as her butts were still throbbing in pain from the morning injections. Just then, Dr. Ju and Dr. V entered along with Rosy who had a tray in her hand. She kept the tray on the table and took the plastic cup from it