1- Test and Quest

6 years later

The bright and refreshing rays of the sun slowly made their way in the second largest bedroom on the second floor of Rawte House through the large french window. The light rays reflected from the smartly placed mirrors and focussed on the little girl Tangled messily in her soft quilt. She frowned as the hot rays of the sun fell on her face and dragged her mercilessly from her dreamland. Her only wish for the moment was the peace of darkness to consume her but the light didn't seem to take pity on her. She slowly opened her light brown eyes only to close it instantly, deciding that the light was too harsh. She stubbornly pulled the quilt upto her walnut shaped chin sliding slowly through her petal shaped lips touching her little nose and carresing her slightly chubby cheeks to finally rest on her forehead, effectively covering her eyes.

But this moment of happiness and contentment was short lived as her partially conscious self realised that it was too bright for night. Her eyes widened as he got up and looked at the clock. "Dang!" she shouted. She was late. She was definitely in for a long scolding session today.

She hurriedly got down the bed and ran towards the lavatory. 

"Neelu diiiii!!! Kyun nahi uthaya mujhe aapne? I am laaaate!" she shouted or more like whined as she came down the stairs trying hard to fix her tie.

Her nanny, Neelu, quickly took over fixing her tie and lead her towards the table.

"Aapne hi toh bola tha na baby ki Aaj aap school nahi jaoge. Toh Maine nahi uthaya. Accha abhi aap jaldi se breakfast kar lo. Mai baal bana deti hu." she said.

Arnika palmed her face. That was true. If only last night, she had remembered to tell her the forced change in her plans. She was supposed to appear for her S.St class test that day, a subject she hated with passion, cherry on the top being that she wasn't prepared. So the most natural solution to it was skipping school but kudos to her rotten luck that her demand for leave was straightaway denied and she was given an earful. She had slept on it, not for once, realising that she needed to inform Neelu.

And now she would get another scolding on her way to school. Tardiness wasn't something that was appreciated. As she hurried out,the car was already parked outside waiting for her. She nervously went towards the car and the mirror of the front seat slided down. She tried for a charming smile but the glare she got made her pout.

She silently sat down on the backseat and glared furiously at the two set of eyes who were looking at her with a mischievous glint. Before she could say something, a stern voice asked her,

"What's the time, Arnika?"

Arni looked at her watch and sighed. "7:52. Sorry chachu."

"Got up late again,eh?" Kashvi asked adding fuel to the fire. Arni glared at her not so innocent friend and felt like strangling her.

"Hmmm...kal late night study kar Rahi hogi na Sst test ke liye. Right Arni?" Kavin asked her with a smirk. 

She contemplated if she called them friends. They were even worse than enemies!

"Why don't you write an essay on "Importance of Punctuality" Arnika?" Kabir suggested.

Arnika made a face at that but sobered up when she felt Kabir glaring at her through the rear view mirror.

"Fine." she said quietly.

Finally they reached the school and got the late slip at the gate. Kashvi and Kavin hurriedly got out of the car.

"Chal ab! Atleast assembly me toh pahuch jaaye. Or else class me teacher se daant pad jayegi." Kashvi said to Arnika.

Arnika nodded and gestured her to go. She looked at Kabir expectantly.