19- Roshni Arjun Rawte

Arjun- "Dawa le le,baccha. Ye kaisi zidd hai?"

Arni shook her head stubbornly.

Arjun's patience was wearing thin. He had refrained from scolding her in the past few hours but now she was taking advantage of the leverage.

Arjun- "Arnika."

Arni rolled her eyes. His tone was the least of her worries at this moment. Finally, the effect of anaesthesia was completely gone and she could think straight.

She won't let the matter go anytime soon. Especially if it meant that it could enable her to know more about her mother. Moreover, she was regretting hurling her award on the ground.

Arjun tired- "Arni, please baccha."

'You can't exactly melt me by using that word' she thought and rolled her eyes.

Arjun- "Tu kya Rahi hai ya nahi?"

"Nahi." a voice boomed. Both Arjun and Arni looked towards the door only to find Kabir entering the room.

Kabir- "Woh Teri baat kyun manegi,Arjun? Bacchi thodi hai woh."

Arjun frowned while Arni pouted.

Kabir- "Bohot badi ho gayi hai yeh. Apni manmani karengi ab yeh. Bina kisi ke road cross karengi or should I reframe? Road pe daudengi."

Arjun understood the implications behind his words. He was thankful for Kabir's assistance. He blinked his eyes as a sign of gratitude.

Kabir nodded slightly. He knew that his friend was not in a position to scold her over her actions. Not when he himself was burried under the burden of guilt and regrets. But someone needs to toe her in line. Remind her of the boundaries. Thus, he stepped in for what he wished and hoped was the last time.

Meanwhile, Arni was looking down scared. Let alone running on the road, even crossing the road without an elder was a big no-no!

Arni tried- "Chachu..."

Kabir- "Kahiye Arnika ji."

Arni gave him a disgusted look. She was hating this.

Arni- "Agar maine dawai le li toh aap aise baat karna band kar doge?"

Kabir just gave her a look in return. Arjun was silently observing the dynamics between the two. Each and every syllable uttered by Kabir had a deep impact on Arnika. Happens when you are a permanent figure in someone's life!

So unlike him. His words had been falling on deaf ears since an hour.

Arnika wordlessly held out her hand for the medicine. Arjun handed it to her and brought the water to her lips once she put it in her mouth.

Arjun- "Good girl."

But Arnika completely ignored him and looked expectantly at Kabir. He shook his head and walked out of the room. Arni made a crying face.

Arjun carrased her hair. She looked at him and his promise came rushing to her mind.

Arni- "Promises toh aap Puri karte nahi hai but still, you said ki aap mujhe mumma ke baare me batayenge."

That taunt hurt but Arjun concealed the hurtful look and concentrated on the silver lining.

Arjun- "Kya janana hai tujhe?"

Arni- "Kya batana chahiye aapko?"

Arjun sighed. She was not helping at all.

Arni looked at him and bit her lips. She had a hundred questions about her mumma. But she had never gotten the chance. She kept aside her anger for a while.