17- A Broken Promise

Arni stood poised behind the curtains, her heart pounding with a mix of nervousness and excitement. As she stepped out onto the stage, a hush fell over the dimly lit audience, their faces shrouded in shadows. With a confident smile, she scanned the sea of faces, hoping to catch a glimpse of her papa among them. Today was not just about winning; it was about making him proud. But no such luck. 

With a nod to the volunteer, the music began, filling the hall with its enchanting melody. Arni moved with grace and precision, her body responding to each beat resonating throughout the auditorium as if it were an extension of the music itself. The rhythm pulsed through her veins, guiding her every movement as she danced with practiced ease.

The audience was captivated, their eyes fixed on Arni as she weaved a story with her movements. Awe and enjoyment mingled in the air, creating a melodious energy that enveloped the room. Every step, every twirl,every movement was a testament to her dedication and passion for dance.

As the performance reached its peak, Arni felt a surge of emotion wash over her. This was not just a dance; it was a moment of connection, a chance to share her artistry with her papa for the first time. With each step, she poured her heart and soul into the performance, determined to make this moment unforgettable.

In that fleeting moment on stage, time seemed to stand still as Arni lived and breathed every note of the music. The applause that followed was thunderous, echoing through the hall like a symphony of appreciation for her talent and dedication.

Arnika had not just danced; she had painted a masterpiece with her movements, leaving an indelible mark on all who witnessed her performance. But most importantly, she was content that she had weaved an unforgettable moment for her papa.

As she thanked the audience and made her way to the backstage, she couldn't help the big smile that adorned her face as everyone praised her performance. She wanted nothing more than to find her papa in the audience and ask him how was the performance. His words would definitely outweigh what others had to say about her dance.

Kashvi stopped her, "Arni! Kaha Jaa Rahi hai? 15 minute me prize distribution hai. Saare participants ko ek jagah rehna hai."

Arni- "Mai aati hu na thodi der me!"

Kashvi- "Absolutely not. Ek toh itne saare parents ke beech chachu milne nahi wale tujhe aur agar mil gaye toh tu toh gayab hi ho jaayegi!"

Arni gave her a sheepish smile. Her friend knew her a bit too well!

Arni- "Fine then, ab prize distribution ke baad hi mil lungi."

Kashvi gave her a fake smile- "Of course. First prize ke saath chachu ka reaction dekhna."

She just hoped that her friend's hopes don't come crashing down. She hoped that somehow her chachu managed to make it in time for her. Kabir had asked her to keep Arni occupied and not let her come out to the audience. She was determined to do just that.
________________________________________________________________

"Damnit!" Sameer shouted angrily. His voice pierced the tense air, filled with frustration and anger, as he declared, "It was a trap!"

Arjun's fury boiled over, his knuckles turning a fiery red as he unleashed his anger and frustation over the situation on the nearby container. The metallic clang echoed through the desolate surroundings. It was a moment of bitter realization - they had fallen into a meticulously laid trap. The informer had been intentionally given a wrong tip and in their moment of impulsiveness, they didn't even verify the tip.

In that instant, Arjun's mind raced with thoughts of the past. His anger and impulsiveness had once cost him the live of his life. And yet again, the proximity to capturing the offender had slipped through his grasp like sand, leaving behind a bitter taste of missed opportunity and thwarted justice. The desire to confront his nemesis burned within him like a flame.