Epilogue(1)

7 years later

As her subconscious mind reminded her that she missed two of her alarms, Arnika's eyes flew open. She dared to look at the clock and made a crying face when she looked at the time. It was 9. Half an hour past her school time. She checked her phone.

__________________________________

7:30: Good Morning ❤️Hope you are up, baccha.

7:45: ??

8:00: You are grounded if you miss school today, young lady.

8:15: I'll be back by 1 this afternoon.

8:16: We'll have quite a TALK once I am back, Arnika Rawte.
_________________________________

Arnika screamed as she realised that she had yet again managed to ground herself. Honestly, she had been grounded for more than half of her life by now! Her father had become too thick skinned in the past 7 years. Even baba combined with her puppy eyes doesn't work on him now!

He had went on an undercover mission last week. He could not call or text her. It was only when the satellites periodically shifted from their orbit between 7 to 9, that he could text her. According to him, it was the easiest time to conceal the texts from any tapping.

And of course in the past 8 days, she had managed to miss school 3 days because of the inefficiency of her alarm clock! She pouted as she realised that she hadn't heard his voice in 8 days. His texts too have been limited, adding on to her dismay.

But then she smiled as she realised that today was the last day of the torture. Little groundings here and there won't affect the excitement of her father's arrival. Moreover, it was her day to be double happy today. She would be meeting them after one long year today!

She quickly sent an emoji message to her father.

9:08 ❤️🙀🥺

That was the difference between his messages and hers. While he was the type of person to simply type the message, she was the one who heavily relied on emojis. She believes that these emojis express one's feelings way better than words. She had literally forced him to attach a heart emoji with every Good Morning message.

She freshened up and got down to the kitchen. She walked straight towards the coffee machine and got her morning cup of coffee. She clicked her tongue as she realised that this would be her last day of drinking coffee. Arjun never allowed her to drink coffee. He believed that she was a bit too energetic to have coffee!

She put her usual 3 cubes of sugar and enjoyed the coffee. She laughed as she remembered how she tried her father's black coffee a few years back and nearly gagged at the taste...or distaste! She put the jam on the bread and had it grudgingly. Her father had spoiled her with those morning breakfast delicacies and no cook would ever be able to make them for her in the morning itself. So she had to make do with the old, boring bread jam in the morning. Not that she was a fan of the lunch and dinner made by their maid.