𝟶𝟷. A Calvin Christmas

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Christmas had always been Noelle's favourite time of the year, the lights, the music, the presents, and most of all the time you spent with those who you loved. And though her Christmas Spirit filled the air, her father was not the most festive person and many couldn't understand how Noelle could hold onto her faith in the holiday when her parents were the opposite. But she never paid them any mind as she decorated the home, baked cookies for Santa and prepared the Christmas tree knowing that her father wouldn't do his best with it; However, he had learned to leave the decorating to Noelle.

The doorbell rings alerting Noelle that Charlie had arrived, she rushed over and opened the door with a grin. Fake elf ears sit on her ears as she wore a green felt dress that stopped at her knees revealing her snowflake socks matched with her boots that had stars painted on them by Charlie. "Charlie!" Noelle greeted as she opened her arms for the boy, he rushed forward and jumped into his older sisters arms. Laura watched her two kids fondly, she had custody over Charlie but Noelle had moved in with Scott when she was sixteen and had been there since then.

"Merry Christmas, mom," Noelle said as she embraced her mother. "Very festive as usual, Noelle," Laura replied with a small smile as Noelle looked out to see Neal sitting in the car, she waved enthusiastically at him recieving a half wave back. "Are you excited for Santa?" Noelle asked Charlie but before he could answer, their father pulls up to the house and gets out of the car. "Laura! Charlie!" Scott greeted with an encouraging smile before smiling at his daughter, "Lovely as always, Ellie." Noelle grinned at her father before turning to Charlie, "Wanna see the Christmas tree?" Charlie nodded.

Noelle leads Charlie into the living room, Charlie's eyes are wide as he stares at the big tree decorated with lights and tinsel alongside baubles and snow. Underneath the tree are a mix of presents wrapped in pretty paper that showed that Noelle had been in charge of it all, the sight gave Charlie a little more joy. "But where's the tree topper?" Charlie asked Noelle with a small frown. "Oh, well... I thought we could do that together!" Noelle answered him as she pulled out a star topper that she had made herself. "Cool!" Charlie cheered before Noelle picked him up and put him onto her shoulders.