𝟶𝟽. Santafication

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

"Dad, are you home?" Noelle called through the home, she had just spent Easter with the Millers and her brother. "Ellie!" Scott cheered as he walked into the room causing Noelle's eyes to widen slightly. Scott had gained weight and grown a beard that was slowly going grey, he wore a red jacket over a grey jumper with some sweatpants. "Hey Dad, are you doing okay?" Noelle asked as she hugged her father. "I don't know," Scott whispered as he held his daughter, he wasn't sure what to make of anything but seeing one of his kids eased him.

Noelle spent the day with her father, the two ate cookies and drank milk while watching their favourite movies just pretending their lives were quiet and mundane rather than the magical truth one has accepted while the other continues to deny. Later that night, Noelle was sitting in her room with music playing softly from her radio when the familiar jingle of Bernard's presence pulled her attention to the Head Elf. "Hello Bernard," Noelle smiled sweetly at him, the exact smile that made his stomach churn pleasantly. "Hello Sweets," Bernard greeted.

"So my father's Santafication has kicked in, he is now sporting the jolly belly and the greying beard yet he still holds denial," Noelle told Bernard as she sat up, crossing her legs as Bernard sat with her. "He'll realise by Thanksgiving, I'm sure of it," Noelle assured Bernard, it was a feeling she had in the back of her mind. "Well, if you have faith in that, then I will too," Bernard assured her. The two were silent as Noelle fiddled with the sleeve of Bernard's sweater while Bernard watched her fondly, he had a new perspective on Noelle. "Do you think the Elves at the North Pole will warm up to me?" Noelle asked Bernard softly.

"Of course they will, Sweets. How could they not," Bernard exclaimed before he noticed her pensive look. "Why would you think they wouldn't?" Bernard asked her softly. "I mean, other than their past encounter with a horrible Christmas Spirit... I just don't know what I'm doing and I'm worried I might mess something up," Noelle answered him truthfully. "Any mistake is a learning curve. Besides, I'll be right by your side through all of it. Every step of the way," Bernard's voice became soft as he finished his sentence, placing his fingers on her chin to turn her head to face him.