𝟸𝟸. Fake Santa's overrule

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Noelle, Bernard and Curtis stood together in Santa's office. "Well, I think he's learning at an excellent rate," Curtis complimented while Bernard raised a brow. "Uh, Curtis, he ate a bowl of waxed fruit this morning," Noelle replied to the younger Elf. "Wait a minute... I need the naughty-and-nice list," Toy Santa spoke up, the three Elves turned to him. "No," Bernard denied. "It says I'm supposed to check it twice," Toy Santa argued. "Santa already checked it," Bernard replied to him. "No, I didn't," Toy Santa argued as he stood tall. "The real Santa," Bernard emphasised. "I am the real Santa!" Toy Santa exclaimed. "I'm sorry?" Bernard questioned. "I'm in charge here," Toy Santa told him.

"Wait, what?" Noelle questioned as she stepped closer to Bernard, she didn't like the way Toy Santa was acting. "I check the list twice. That's the rule, I like the rules," Toy Santa expressed to them. "Oh boy, nice one, Curtis... you created a rule follower," Noelle whispered to Curtis who turned to her and shrugged. "No, I'm the rule-maker. I like the rules. Santa like rules," Toy Santa rambled on. "I've got a good idea. How about we have some fun?" Curtis asked in hopes of distracting Toy Santa. "Huh?" Toy Santa questioned. "It's good to have fun, right?" Curtis asked Toy Santa. Noelle turned away and closed her eyes, she had a bad feeling churning in her chest.

"Snowflake? Are you okay?" Bernard asked as he wrapped his arms around Noelle's waist, pulling her to lean back into his chest. "I have a bad feeling, B. Like something is bound to go horribly wrong," Noelle answered him truthfully, she chewed on her bottom lip as she thought about it. "It'll work out in the end, I'm sure it will," Bernard replied to her, though he felt uneasy with Toy Santa's sudden change in behaviour. "Elder Alfie is looking after Nicholas, he really didn't like Toy Santa," Noelle informed Bernard who nodded before placing a gentle kiss on her jawline. "I love you," Bernard whispered to her. "And I love you," Noelle whispered back to him.

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

"Oh, tinsel!" Noelle exclaimed as she and Bernard walked into the Workshop spotting Toy Santa in the naughty-and-nice centre. The couple made their way towards Curtis with unhappy expressions before Bernard spoke up, "Curtis, what is he doing in the naughty-and-nice centre?" Curtis winced before the three of them approached Toy Santa. "What's doing on?" Curtis asked Toy Santa. "I'm checking the naughty-nice list. I'm checking it twice," Toy Santa answered him. "I already told you!" Bernard exclaimed loudly, he took in a breath to steel himself as Noelle grabbed his hand, "It's been checked. Don't worry."

Toy Santa shook his head, "I do worry. There's a lot of mistakes. I'll give you a big fat for instance! In Denmark, there's a guy named Sven Halstrom right here." Toy Santa pointed at Sven's name, "He's a Dane. He was wiping his nose on his sister's shirt. Yuk! That's not very nice! And yet, he's on the nice list." Noelle sighed, she ran her fingers through her hair as she spoke, "We try to cut most children some slack this time of year." Toy Santa turned to her, "I don't understand that! Kids are misbehaving everywhere. They're running with scissors. They're sticky! I'm not gonna stop this car. No, we're not there yet. Brush your teeth. Pick up those clothes! It goes on and on."