|12| competition

"So, are you okay now?" he asked with a naughty smile lingering on his face.

"Yes," I said, smiling weakly.

He kept looking at me, and I lowered my gaze; his gaze felt like fire, burning me inside.

"Let's sleep then; it is already very late," I said, trying to lighten the atmosphere and my nervousness.

"Yes, let's sleep," he replied.

Leaving me standing there, he started walking towards the corner of the room. When I looked at him, I realized he was switching on the fan.

The moment the fan started, I felt little droplets of water on my face.

"Is the ceiling dripping?" I asked, immediately.

"No, not possible, we recently got it renovated."

As the fan picked up full speed, more water started coming on my face.

"I think there is something wrong with the fan," I suggested.

"Wait, let me brighten the room," he said.

The moment he switched on the light, I saw the whole bed dripping wet, and pieces of water balloons on the bed.

"Oh, my god!! Who kept them there?" I exclaimed, my pitch a little higher from usual, due to the sudden shock.

Abruptly, we heard voices from outside the door. Vaibhav signaled me to be silent by placing his finger on his lips.

He went towards the door, and I followed him, tiptoeing with just the front of my feet touching the floor.

He opened the door with a jerk, causing two people to fall inside on their hips.

"Auchhh," they both exclaimed, together.

When I looked closely, I saw Adarsh and Roshni had fallen on the ground.

Before we could say anything, Roshni ran away, leaving Adarsh behind.

"See, your team member left her leader behind," Vaibhav said, squatting beside Adarsh.

Vaibhav held Adarsh's neck, not roughly, as he didn't mind his siblings enjoying like this.

"I told you strictly, but again you did the same thing. Now where will we sleep? The whole bed is wet," Vaibhav complained.

"I don't know, Bhai. I am sorry. It was Priya's idea. She said, that it's a wedding gift from her side," Adarsh said, immediately standing up from the floor and running away.

"You, again. I will see you tomorrow, Adarsh," Vaibhav said loudly.

He looked at me. Seeing his face like this and his siblings' mischief, I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

We came back inside the room, and he came behind me.

"He is troubling me a lot now. I will have to straighten him. It can't go like this," he said, his expression very serious.

"Okay, you take this couch; I will sleep on the floor," he said, pointing towards the couch kept along the window.

"No, please. I can sleep on the floor; you sleep on the couch," I insisted.

"Nidhi, I can't make you sleep on the floor while I sleep comfortably on the couch," he said.

"Do you think I would like it?"

"There must be extra blankets and pillows in the cupboard," I suggested.

"Wait, let me check," saying this, he went inside the room where all the things were kept.