|17| sorry

Follow your Author, Meehira__writes
Help me reach fifty followers❤️🤌

I want to dedicate this chapter to dhetvi thank you, keep reading

___

The room was well-lit, easy for me to see his face properly, his expressions conveyed a mixture of sulkiness and irritation. His hair tousled over his forehead, and his face showed signs of fatigue, yet he remained undeniably handsome.

He entered the closet without acknowledging my presence. After approximately thirty minutes of contemplating the best approach to apologize, the moment he returns, my husband, graced me with his presence, as he emerged from the closet. He looked clean and fresh but still carried an air of irritation, making him all the more alluring and charming.

He turned towards the drawer, opening it, and started searching for something-what, I wasn't sure. Gathering every drop of courage from within, I slipped out of bed, strolled towards him, and stood behind him. Despite my good height, I still felt a bit small in comparison to him, reaching just above his shoulder.

"Vaibhav," I spoke, attempting to sound determined, but my voice came out almost like a whisper. To add to my guilt and my frightened state, he didn't reply.

"Vaibhav," I said, this time in a slightly higher pitch.

Once again, he didn't respond. I walked a bit further to at least see the expressions on his face, standing beside him in, alignment.

"At least listen to me, for once," I whispered, nearing myself to him without touching him, but staying close.

"So, you remember that you needed to say a few things to me," he spoke, still focused on searching something in the drawer.

I wondered how he managed to concentrate on the task at hand. If he were in my place, I doubted I could focus on any task while someone was apologizing to me.

"I'm sorry," I spoke, staring at his face, attempting to decipher his expressions.

"Ohh, so you're sorry?" His tone was sarcastic, and irritation dripping from every word he spelled.

"Yes, I am," I replied, lowering my head.

"Please forgive me. I didn't mean those words; it was just a sudden outburst. I don't doubt you like that, for those things,"

"Nidhi," he interrupted,

"No, please. I said very hurtful things yesterday. Let me apologize."

"Not that I'm trying to form excuses for my behavior. Previous to that day, at my parents' home, my mother said you would eventually leave me. My mind was too boggled with her words-so much that my senses weren't working in the right direction. As a result, you know what happened further," I completed my speech with a sigh.

"I'm sorry," I spoke again.

Earlier, he was looking at the wall, but the moment I said sorry again, he looked directly into my eyes, his dark coffee brown irises boring into mine, making me feel nervous.

"Nidhi, I know in the past things haven't been in your favor. But you know, we have to start somewhere. I understand that trusting anyone is difficult, but if you will communicate with me calmly, I'll listen to every word and understand it better. It will make things easier for you and our relationship," he spoke in his calm voice, a stark contrast to my always uncalm mind.

"Vaibhav, I-" Before I could complete my sentence, a sudden call interrupted our conversation.

Vaibhav retrieved his phone from his pocket, glanced at the screen, and then placed the phone back in his pocket. Observing this action and the importance he gave to our talk, contentment warmed me from within, replacing the day-long anticipation of how I would apologize.