3. During Surgery

Alex's POV
"So Haisley is watching the surgery today. You nervous?" Meredith asks me as I look up at my daughter talking to Bailey in the viewing room. "Me nervous Mer, come on." I mess with her and we laugh.

"Look at her, she looks so happy up there. She loves it here" Meredith tells me and I do look at her and I can see the glow on her face. "She does, it's like her second home here." I tell Mer "Well she was born here." We smile at that and focus on the surgery.

Haisley's POV
"How's the surgery going?" We hear Richard ask and I look at him and he notices me and moves to hug me so I give him one too. "Miss Karev, it's great to see you here. How's studying going? Will we be seeing you here after college?" Richard asks me with a excitement in him.

"I hope so but that won't sadly be for a while sir. I'm doing everything I can to get here eventually." I promise him

"That's our girl, how have you been feeling lately?" He asks about my health. "This is the best I've ever been I think. Just the weather and all but other than that healthy as a horse." I tell him proudly and he has a huge smile on his face.

"That's really amazing to hear Haisley. I've been asking your dad about you to catch up on you. You know since we've seen you literally since birth we worry." Richard sweetly tells me all the time.

"I know and I appreciate that but I'm doing great." I assure him and he relaxes. "Good good" He says as we continue watching the surgery.

"Oooh look, your father's switching the old heart for a beautiful and healthy new one. Look how well he does it, watch carefully." Bailey says with excitement to me and I stand up at the window with her and watch him. Dad's so focused and determined right now, it's truly incredible to see this as his daughter.

"Got it!" We hear him say and they sow the patient all together and start finishing up with the surgery. "Wow, just beautiful work, I love these days." I hear Bailey say behind me but I focus on the surgery in case I ever get to do that one day here.

"Alright, I think we are finished." I hear dad say and they pack everything up and take the patient to their room.

"That was incredible to watch." I say to Richard and Bailey. "Yeah it was, wasn't, the miracle of surgery." She says mainly to herself and takes a breather. Than at that time my dad comes in after cleaning up.

"Incredible work Karev, you saved that patient." Richard congrats dad "Thank you sir" "You make me proud Karev. Keep it up" Bailey says as they both leave.

"So what'd you think?" Dad asks me and I look at him. "That was incredible, that new heart was so perfect looking." I reply to him and he crooks his smile at me. "What?" I ask "You truly are meant to be here. You know that?" Dad proudly tells me "Thank you dad and so are you. I think this is your best surgery you've ever done." I congratulate him and he hugs me tight and I hug him tight.

"Thank you my angel, that means a lot. Do you want me to teach you something?" He asks me and I brighten up more. "Yes please" I say to him and as we quickly get out I start to feel dizzy. That shortness of breath is coming back from earlier. I thought it was just from the cold.

"I can do this, just breathe. Deep breaths" I try to do so but the pain hardens and I get dizzy so I put my hand on the wall. Dad stops and turns around. "Haisley!" He shouts and everyone turns to me. I almost fall and he catches me but out of nowhere I puke up blood a little bit.

"Emergency now! Get Dr. Bailey and Dr. Webber now!" I hear dad scream as I almost pass out and hear people panic. "It'll be ok baby, just breathe. I'm right here and I won't leave." I puke more blood and this one is heavier. "Somebody get Webber and Bailey now!" Dad panics and I feel myself get more dizzy as I see them running to me.

"What happened?" Bailey panics but I can barely hear her. "I don't know, she just fell and now she's puking up blood. She's not focusing at anything. Haisley honey, can you hear me?" Dad asks me and my stomach starts to hurt horribly.

"We need to scan her now! It could be her heart from the cold." Bailey suggests and I finally pass out in dad's arms.