6. You're An Angel

Alex's POV
Haisley is finally back home after two weeks of checking and she has been so strong. I am making her a big breakfast because of how much she has healed from it.

"What is this?" Meredith asks me when she walks in our front door. She tries to take a piece of Haisley's bacon but I slap it out of her hand. "Owe! What the hell"

"It's all for Haisley, she needs this treat because she needs something good right now." I explain to her "Good and delicious" Meredith understands and I hear Haisley come downstairs.

"Morning" She says confused "Morning angel, here's your start to a new day. Your favourite breakfast foods." I tell as I give her a plate full of food and kiss my daughter's forehead. "What's going on?" Haisley asks us

"Well I thought you needed a bit of a breakfast treat. You know like for your birthday's with everything that's been going on. Plus I have an hour to kill with you because I woke up early so I can sit and talk with my daughter before work." I explain to her and a smile starts growing big on her which I love.

"Well I will you two alone to have your father-daughter time. See you at the hospital and so happy to see that you are doing much better Haisley." Meredith says while rubbing her shoulder. "Thank you aunt Mer, see you there." She says and when Meredith leaves Haisley looks at me.

"Dad you really didn't have to do this." She pleads with me "Yes I did"

"So how's the studying going? You need any help?" I ask Haisley

"Actually can you quiz me? Since I'm going into college for being a doctor I would like someone who actually knows what they are doing." Haisley asks me and that makes me so happy.

"Yeah of course I can. Ok I will give you some questions that I have gotten when studying. Ready?" I ask her and she focuses her brain for a moment. "Yeah now I am" I quiz her on hard things first and she gets them right. I am so proud of her.

As we walk into the hospital, Haisley is here as a desk assistant for the day so she has something to do and she does love that job actually, while Haisley is behind the desk ducking all of a sudden I look around, Rebecca, her not-a-good-mother, is here. That is why she is hiding. I want to hide too.

"Hi, Alex" Rebecca says innocently as she comes up to me.