Chapter 13: The making of a mistake

Izaiah Meeks|16
"Bitch I'll kill yo daddy.  Stop playin wit da kid."
(Zaiah/zai)

Izaiah,Jayden,and Kamari,were all smoking in the basement of the Miami mansion the group was hiding in, Jayden was in deep thought as the boys were discussing plans and what they wanted to do after they finish school and were finally free

"Zaiah what you wanna do" Jayden asked looking at his zoned out friend holding his IPhone 15, "Zai,Zai!" Izaiah snapped out of his trance and looked at the boy infront of him, "What you wanna do when we free?"

Izaiah thought about the familiar topic for a second in all honestly he didn't think they would get this far with all the loose ends in the plan and with faith randomly popping out he was sure all would fail.

In the chaos surrounding their normal and his own personal problems with Essence he never thought of what he would do once this was all over, he enjoyed school it's just with his mental he was given the rank of a 'bad boy' giving him a good reputation within the students but not with the faculty of his school.

"Ion know I'm kinda worried bout some other shit right now" he said dismissing the topic reaching for the blunt in Kamari's hand, "What's wrong" Jayden asked.

Izaiah debated if he should tell them this but they were his best friends for years now and they've been through hell together it wasn't abnormal for him to open up and seek advice from them.

"It's Essence I think I'm starting to feel fa ha" Izaiah said blankly trying to help them understand, the boys stayed silent allowing him to go on.

"Like when I'm with her I wanna be my best and shit and I feel comfortable around her, like I can be myself n shit" Izaiah didn't quite understand it himself since he hasn't felt this way for a long time.

"Well-Like I don't want to say I got feelings cause they could be sexual you know? But I also don't wanna not act on it cause I see myself killing a nigga ova ha, which is weird as hell cause we've only known each other for a month now."

As Izaiah was explaining his situation and feelings towards the girl he was connecting the dots himself, "I think maybe you should distance yourself" Jayden said.

Izaiah nodded wanting him to continue and he took a deep breath knowing the boy was high and he would have to break his idea down for him.

"Igh look, so you keep it dry with her and shit don't flirt like you usually do and just keep it calm and casual like a nigga off the street you just met." Jayden tried to explain using the terms he was use to, "That's not a bad idea if you ignore her and those feelings go away then you know they was just chase you a horny mothafucker."

The group of boys laughed at Kamari's comment and Izaiah passed the blunt to him, "Igh I think I can do that" Izaiah said feeling confident in the idea his friends helped him with this is why he loved talking to them they aren't judgy and try their best to understand.

Essence Harmony Anderson|15
"Talk bout my brother. you'll meet him."
( Moni )

"Essenceeee" Ashanti dragged jumping into her sister's room, "wassup" Essence said not looking up from her phone

"I saw how you and zaiah was all cuddled up watching movies n shit like an old couple" she taunted making Essence chuckle, "it don't mean nothing we just friends."

Essence couldn't admit it but she did feel a certain way when she was near the boy but she never acted on those feelings because of his openness and disliking of relationships and Essence wasn't gonna be nobody booty call.

"Moni don't fucking lie to me" Ashanti said crossing her arms with a deep mug on her face, she never liked when her sisters lied to her especially about their feelings.

"I'm not shanti I'm not feeling the nigga, so what?" Ashanti rolled her eyes and scoffed at her sister, "ok boo just make sure to name the baby after me."

"Ashanti chill I'm not having any baby anytime soon and neither are you" Ashanti rolled her eyes when they heard Jayden shouting from the living room, "y'all get down here!"

The two girls walked down the staircase into the big luxury living room, they all gave didn't versions of a what and sat down waiting to hear Jayden talk. "Igh so look I was on the gram and I saw that there was this party tonight, y'all wanna go?"

They were about to agree when Marcus interrupted them "hell no y'all not going nowhere, the police on our tails right now" the group of kids groaned from Marcus's overprotectiveness.

"Damn bro did you ever have fun as a kid you so uptight" Kamari groaned and mugged him, "yea I did and that's why I can't get a proper job now cause of my record and the same shit gon happen to y'all if you don't get y'all shit together. When we do get y'all a clean slate don't go fucking it up"

Marcus walked upstairs to his room with a bowl of noodles and a sprite and we all waited for him to close his room door, "so we going right" Izaiah asked and we all gave different version of yes.

"I don't know why that nigga think he my daddy cause he not" Ashanti scoffed and crossed her legs on the couch, "for real like I appreciate you for helping us but that don't mean you get to play father figure" Jayden joined in.

"Igh so what time the party?" Legacy asked looking at Jayden, "It's at 9pm tonight make sure y'all ready cause we gon have to sneak out and I think that's the time Marcus and Nick gon go to meet up with some guys."

We all nodded at the plan and went back upstairs to continue what we were doing and plan outfits to wear, little did the group know it was going to be a long unforgettable night.

Authors Note
This chapter was longgg overdue but I had writers block so....🤷🏾‍♀️— what y'all think gon happen at the party?